SnakeOil Server Hardware - What are you using?
I'm currently using Snakeoil on a 60 GB SSD with a 1 Terabyte Samsung SSD for music in a HDPLEX 2nd Gen H5 Fanless Chassis with HDPLEX 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX Power Supply connected to a DELL 330W AC Adapter For Alienware Y90RR XM3C3 ADP-330AB DA330PM111 with Intell DH55TC motherboard with i5 650, 4 GB ram, connected via Ethernet to a SOtM sms 100 connected via USB to Audio Alchemy DDP-1 w/Audio Alchemy PS-5 Power Station power supply  connected via XLR to Simaudio 400m mono-blocks via home made 9 gauge speaker cable with Furutech connectors to EgglestonWorks Rosa speakers. Linear power supply on the SOtM sms 100 and Netgear switch. Sounds sublime. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes zapco's post:
  • agent_kith

(28-May-2019, 02:41 AM)zapco Wrote: I'm currently using Snakeoil on a 60 GB SSD with a 1 Terabyte Samsung SSD for music in a HDPLEX 2nd Gen H5 Fanless Chassis with HDPLEX 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX Power Supply connected to a DELL 330W AC Adapter For Alienware Y90RR XM3C3 ADP-330AB DA330PM111 with Intell DH55TC motherboard with i5 650, 4 GB ram, connected via Ethernet to a SOtM sms 100 connected via USB to Audio Alchemy DDP-1 w/Audio Alchemy PS-5 Power Station power supply  connected via XLR to Simaudio 400m mono-blocks via home made 9 gauge speaker cable with Furutech connectors to EgglestonWorks Rosa speakers. Linear power supply on the SOtM sms 100 and Netgear switch. James Loudspeaker EMB 1000 subwoofer. Sounds sublime.
Update: Using Audioquest GO-4 speaker cables and Analysis Plus Oval Silver XLR cables, sounds much better, cables DO matter.
[-] The following 1 user Likes zapco's post:
  • agent_kith

(02-Jul-2019, 10:46 AM)zapco Wrote: Update: Using Audioquest GO-4 speaker cables and Analysis Plus Oval Silver XLR cables, sounds much better, cables DO matter.
Everything matters. Even power cables, the platform the equipment is sitting on, USB cables, etc. The little things can add up to a massive sound quality improvement. If you mix and match things right.

Doing every bit to increase that illusion of realism, the feeling of joy. That's what I like being an audiophile Heart .
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

I came to this design:
Main board: GA-H170M-D3H + Pentium G4400 + 4 GB RAM
Audio output: SotM tX-USB
Main board PSU: Talema transformer + Audiophonics linear PSU on LT1083 + HDPLEX DC/DC ATX Converter
Audio output PSU: Talema transformer + hand made linear PSU on LT3042
Chassis: Streacom FC5
Supra power cable and Ortofon silver usb cable
No fans, no HDD/SSD, no noise, low EMI, low heating, only pure digital stream, only music.

[Image: player.jpg]
Sorry for my English
[GA-H170M-D3H + G4400 + SOtM tX-USB] > Ortofon DGI-K2 Silver > LKS Audio MH-DA003 USB Upgrade > Audioquest Colorado > Audio Note P2SE > Audio Note AN-B > Tannoy D500

[-] The following 5 users Like m@jor's post:
  • mkysimes, luiswu, agent_kith, Bromf, hkphantomgtr

(08-Oct-2019, 07:24 PM)m@jor Wrote: I came to this design:
Main board: GA-H170M-D3H + Pentium G4400 + 4 GB RAM
Audio output: SotM tX-USB
Main board PSU: Talema transformer + Audiophonics linear PSU on LT1083 + HDPLEX DC/DC ATX Converter
Audio output PSU: Talema transformer + hand made linear PSU on LT3042
Chassis: Streacom FC5
Supra power cable and Ortofon silver usb cable
No fans, no HDD/SSD, no noise, low EMI, low heating, only pure digital stream, only music.
That looks fantastic. Well done! Esp love the PSU for the SoTM. A good power feed to that does wonders, esp to the lower bass.... Clap Clap Clap
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

That looks superb !  Well done !
How do you adjust the  Audiophonics PSU board for desired voltage ?  is it via the variable resistor only or are there other components selected ?

It is via the variable resistor only.
Sorry for my English
[GA-H170M-D3H + G4400 + SOtM tX-USB] > Ortofon DGI-K2 Silver > LKS Audio MH-DA003 USB Upgrade > Audioquest Colorado > Audio Note P2SE > Audio Note AN-B > Tannoy D500

(04-May-2017, 08:19 PM)NoDisc Wrote: SnakeOil is running well on my Mac Mini, however I'm intested in exploring a fanless setup.  I have a HD PLEX PSU on order as well as a Uptone MMk DC conversion kit.  Just curious what ATOM or other processor setups others are using that work well with Snakeoil?

Has anyone built a snakeoil server based on a HD Plex case?

Thanks

Not sure what your budget is but there are plenty of us out here that are happy with a Raspberry Pi. There are pretty decent HATs that can provide very good performance on the cheap by companies such as Allo and others. Also, there's quite the market for LPSs as well. From a value perspective the pi is very, very hard to beat with the right addons.

I have 2 Pi3s, one is my LMS server and the other is the player and with Snakeoil as the software it sounds incredible!

Of course if money is no object, then setups such as those already posted by zapco, m@jor, and others will surely provide excellent performance!

Just my 2 cents.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mkysimes's post:
  • Bromf