Snakeoil Firmware - 1.1.10 (Blind Testing Update 10)
(21-Dec-2020, 04:37 PM)luiswu Wrote: for when do you think that new version will be approximately...
Thanks
Not entirely sure yet, hopefully early next month if I can finish everything off..
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

Hi Kith,

I just wonder know DSD native whether support Mytek DAC...
DAC is Mytek Liberty DAC, that USB input uses XMOS U11690C20, running Snakeoil FW1.1.10, installed DSD native kernel, MPD player v20/19.
I tried, DoP works (DAC indicator light shows white, which means DSD signal), If play DSD native, indicator light shows orange, which means PCM signal, also have sound.

I checked website that the DAC's AES/EBU,optical,coax are "DoP", but USB port not mention anything.

Thanks!!

(20-Jan-2021, 10:39 PM)cenz Wrote: Hi Kith,

DAC is Mytek Liberty DAC, that USB input uses XMOS U11690C20, running Snakeoil FW1.1.10, installed DSD native kernel, MPD player v20/19.
I tried, DoP works (DAC indicator light shows white, which means DSD signal), If play DSD native, indicator light shows orange, which means PCM signal, also have sound.

I checked website that the DAC's AES/EBU,optical,coax are "DoP", but USB port not mention anything.

Thanks!!
I have no problems playing native native DSD using MPD via USB. Whether your setup can play DSD is dependent on your DAC. It looks like you can only use DoP, which often sound the same as native DSD.

Thanks!!
What snoopy said. I think XMOS only works with DoP in Linux (In Windows you can get native DSD to work with ASIO).

Having said that, if you go to the Snakeoil page in the webapp, and try and change the native DSD streaming format and see if it'll work. I doubt it will though. Maybe the new Snakeoil 1.2.x with newer kernel and ALSA support might work, but this version is not ready for prime time just yet.

(21-Jan-2021, 05:27 AM)Snoopy8 Wrote:

Thanks!!
I have no problems playing native native DSD using MPD via USB. Whether your setup can play DSD is dependent on your DAC. It looks like you can only use DoP, which often sound the same as native DSD.

Yes, I'm just a newbie to the DSD, and curious how "Native" sound is it...  thank you info!

(21-Jan-2021, 08:12 AM)agent_kith Wrote:

Thanks!!
What snoopy said. I think XMOS only works with DoP in Linux (In Windows you can get native DSD to work with ASIO).

Having said that, if you go to the Snakeoil page in the webapp, and try and change the native DSD streaming format and see if it'll work. I doubt it will though. Maybe the new Snakeoil 1.2.x with newer kernel and ALSA support might work, but this version is not ready for prime time just yet.

You mean "Snakeoil" tweak page? I see a blank field called "option", right? any script/parameter to try? thank you

(21-Jan-2021, 02:15 PM)cenz Wrote:
(21-Jan-2021, 08:12 AM)agent_kith Wrote: Having said that, if you go to the Snakeoil page in the webapp, and try and change the native DSD streaming format and see if it'll work. I doubt it will though. Maybe the new Snakeoil 1.2.x with newer kernel and ALSA support might work, but this version is not ready for prime time just yet.
You mean "Snakeoil" tweak page? I see a blank field called "option", right? any script/parameter to try? thank you

In the Music player tab, Alsa Configuration, there is the option to set native or DOP

[Image: Alsa.jpg]

(21-Jan-2021, 05:32 PM)Snoopy8 Wrote: In the Music player tab, Alsa Configuration, there is the option to set native or DOP
If set to Native (PCM/DSD), and that didn't work, can try this: Linky.

Native DSD only works when the volume is set to 100%, otherwise you'll get problems.