Snakeoil Firmware - 1.1.3 (Blind Testing Update 3)
(07-Mar-2019, 02:04 PM)Evach Wrote: Thnaks for your quick answer! I found it and i modify this file with the following sentence:
Havn't gone that far myself. Looking at the MPD documentations, it says "It plays URLs in the form tidal://track/ID", and gave an example
Code:
tidal://track/59727857
Can you try that and see if it works?

Now, we just need to find a MPD client that has a front end to TIDAL, and a backend to MPD. i.e. Queries Tidal for album art info, and then get's the track # and send that to MPD for playback.

A MPD remote is something I've been wanting to do for a while. Hopefully I can find the time to really sit down and code this out.
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

Hi, i try to use this url in M.A.L.P. without any success but i think there is a problem with the 1.1.3 update and MPD 0.21 because i cannot use MPD at all finally...
Actually, i reinstall snakeoil v1.1.1 with upmpdcli for using tidal with mconnect and bubbleupnp application (the last effective configuration in my case).
Bubble UPNP have an interesting function for a better navigation with tidal, it is possible to use Tidal android application itself for searching/playlist management and share the stream through bubbleupnp (an icon appear in share menu).
It is possible to redirect the tidal stream to any upnp device recognized by bubble afterward (necessary to have a tidal account configured in bubbleupnp also). Maybe it can be an interesting way to have a tidal frontend and share the stream with MPD?
Apparently, the sound quality seems better directly with MPD. this is what i heard with my music files, i suspect it will be the same with tidal lossless stream.

(08-Mar-2019, 05:15 AM)Evach Wrote: Hi, i try to use this url in M.A.L.P. without any success but i think there is a problem with the 1.1.3 update and MPD 0.21 because i cannot use MPD at all finally...
Actually, i reinstall snakeoil v1.1.1 with upmpdcli for using tidal with mconnect and bubbleupnp application (the last effective configuration in my case).
Are you saying, after adding in the Tidal configuration, MPD 0.21.5 is now broken for you? If yes, can you generate a diagnostic file and send it to me? Thanks.

(08-Mar-2019, 05:15 AM)Evach Wrote: Bubble UPNP have an interesting function for a better navigation with tidal, it is possible to use Tidal android application itself for searching/playlist management and share the stream through bubbleupnp (an icon appear in share menu).
It is possible to redirect the tidal stream to any upnp device recognized by bubble afterward (necessary to have a tidal account configured in bubbleupnp also). Maybe it can be an interesting way to have a tidal frontend and share the stream with MPD?
Apparently, the sound quality seems better directly with MPD. this is what i heard with my music files, i suspect it will be the same with tidal lossless stream.
Looking at how you're describing the workflow, the BubbleUPNP is the ideal configuration to go for Tidal <-> MPD integration. Bubble will create the Tidal URL and upmpdcli will send it to MPD. I'd double check upmpdcli later this weekend and see if I need to do anything extra to get this to work.

(08-Mar-2019, 09:03 AM)agent_kith Wrote:
(08-Mar-2019, 05:15 AM)Evach Wrote: Hi, i try to use this url in M.A.L.P. without any success but i think there is a problem with the 1.1.3 update and MPD 0.21 because i cannot use MPD at all finally...
Are you saying, after adding in the Tidal configuration, MPD 0.21.5 is now broken for you? If yes, can you generate a diagnostic file and send it to me? Thanks.
(08-Mar-2019, 05:15 AM)Evach Wrote: Bubble UPNP have an interesting function for a better navigation with tidal, it is possible to use Tidal android application itself for searching/playlist management and share the stream through bubbleupnp (an icon appear in share menu).
Looking at how you're describing the workflow, the BubbleUPNP is the ideal configuration to go for Tidal <-> MPD integration. Bubble will create the Tidal URL and upmpdcli will send it to MPD. I'd double check upmpdcli later this weekend and see if I need to do anything extra to get this to work. 

Yes, that’s how I’m using Tidal through Upmpdcli and the reason why I asked how to choose the mpd version used by Upmpdcli. For Android, I’m using bubbleupnp, for IPad, I’m using Mconnect. Both works well for me.
[-] The following 1 user Likes alexkwok's post:
  • agent_kith

(08-Mar-2019, 09:03 AM)agent_kith Wrote: 1) Are you saying, after adding in the Tidal configuration, MPD 0.21.5 is now broken for you? If yes, can you generate a diagnostic file and send it to me? Thanks.

2) Looking at how you're describing the workflow, the BubbleUPNP is the ideal configuration to go for Tidal <-> MPD integration. Bubble will create the Tidal URL and upmpdcli will send it to MPD. I'd double check upmpdcli later this weekend and see if I need to do anything extra to get this to work. 

1) Ok, problem solved, it was the fuc... internet box, i have no possibility to control the router and this one block some streams without any logic. I insert a real router on my network and now it is much better and predictable... In this configuration i can use MPD 0.21+UPMPDCLI like a charm with snakeoil 1.1.3 ;-)
I'll try to play a tidal track (http://192.xxx.x.xx:xxxxx/tidal/94587741.flac) with MPD 0.21 alone and modified mpd.conf as described below without any success. I supect the modification described have a typo error or token extracted is not efficient for MPD 0.21.

2) In opposite, if i install UPMPDCLI and select it as player, i am able to use mconnect to choose a tidal song and stream it to my snakeoil device (it appear as "UPMPD" in players in mconnect). Funny thing: if i open M.A.L.P. i can see the URL of the tidal stream and stop/play it directly with M.A.L.P. This is because tidal upmpdcli module decrypt the stream i suppose.
It is the same with Bubbleupnp, the only added value to share a tidal stream with share function to MPD is to avoid UPMPDCLI use and maybe obtain a better SQ. But for the moment i cannot make MPD 0.21 compatible with tidal streams.

(09-Mar-2019, 01:14 AM)Evach Wrote: 1) Ok, problem solved, it was the fuc... internet box, i have no possibility to control the router and this one block some streams without any logic. I insert a real router on my network and now it is much better and predictable... In this configuration i can use MPD 0.21+UPMPDCLI like a charm with snakeoil 1.1.3 ;-)
I'll try to play a tidal track (http://192.xxx.x.xx:xxxxx/tidal/94587741.flac) with MPD 0.21 alone and modified mpd.conf as described below without any success. I supect the modification described have a typo error or token extracted is not efficient for MPD 0.21.

2) In opposite, if i install UPMPDCLI and select it as player, i am able to use mconnect to choose a tidal song and stream it to my snakeoil device (it appear as "UPMPD" in players in mconnect). Funny thing: if i open M.A.L.P. i can see the URL of the tidal stream and stop/play it directly with M.A.L.P. This is because tidal upmpdcli module decrypt the stream i suppose.
It is the same with Bubbleupnp, the only added value to share a tidal stream with share function to MPD is to avoid UPMPDCLI use and maybe obtain a better SQ. But for the moment i cannot make MPD 0.21 compatible with tidal streams. 
Reading the MPD bug list thread, there are at least two type of Tidal API keys - one returns an encrypted stream, the other returns the clear unencrypted stream. You need to find a token that gives you the unencrypted stream. Else MPD wouldn't be able to read it.

Maybe try this token extraction method from this post?

Hi Agent. there is little problem with 1.1.3 U3 on my computer: I uncheck unusing ports, then reboot system, and see that all boxes are checked again.
[Image: Screenshot-2019-03-30-at-14-22-00.png]

фотохост
[Image: Screenshot-2019-03-23-at-00-54-42.png]

pic upload

(30-Mar-2019, 08:28 PM)Dmitry Novikov Wrote: Hi Agent. there is little problem with 1.1.3 U3 on my computer: I uncheck unusing ports, then reboot system, and see that all boxes are checked again.
Hi Dmitry,

Did that work fine in 1.1.2? Don't think I have updated the USB hub controller software in a while. Not entirely sure what the problem is just yet. Can you generate a diagnostic file and send it to me, right after the reboot and all the USB hubs powered on again.

1.1.3 loads up faster now. I'm thinking Snakeoil shuts the USB ports down, but something else in the OS turns them on again... Or the USB drivers wasn't even loaded when Snakeoil is up and running.