Snakeoil Firmware - 1.1.7 (Blind Testing Update 7)
I have successfully updated to 1.1.7.  Thank you.

Note that if you use ramfs, copy files over the network is not going to work. You have to manually SSH in and copy files, else it will be copied to the original folder, but not the RAM storage. Tmpfs appears to work fine.

Also, if you're using a NAS like I do, and if you have lock down it's file permissions like I have, you may need to manually create the ram folder else the RAM disk will not work.

Minor things which I hope to address in U8, where it will do some basic file checks to ensure the RAM storage is properly created, and of course the Web UI to copy files and playlists over.

Before you do any listening audition - make sure RAM storage is working first. To check, simply reset your computer and look in the RAM folder again. If the copied files are gone, then it's working. Otherwise, something is amiss.

You can comment on RAM disk here.
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

where i can find the update Ubuntu button?

[Image: image.png]

[Image: image.png]

(03-Sep-2019, 10:35 PM)seafoodlover Wrote: where i can find the update Ubuntu button?
It's a beta feature and still in testing, hence only available to activated users only.

Great invention RAM disk, it goes perfect!
And I think it improves the sound quality quite a lot
No waiting times and very low latency ... congratulations
[-] The following 1 user Likes luiswu's post:
  • agent_kith

I updated 1.17 successfully today. I rebooted and clicked on Upgrade Ubuntu. Two hours later the screen has gone blank, no response but the PC is still on. I worry that if I shut down in the middle of the upgrade the OS will need to be reinstalled. 
Any advice?

(08-Sep-2019, 03:37 AM)patricia1066 Wrote: I updated 1.17 successfully today. I rebooted and clicked on Upgrade Ubuntu. Two hours later the screen has gone blank, no response but the PC is still on. I worry that if I shut down in the middle of the upgrade the OS will need to be reinstalled. 
Any advice?
Ubuntu in general is unlikely to have a problem.

Can you still SSH into the machine? If yes, try SSH into the machine, and run the following command:
Code:
sudo killall snakeoil-rest
Now try to get to the webapp from the browser again. Can you load it? If yes, click on the "Update Ubuntu" and see what happens.

Hopefully you'll be in the 18.02 branch..

Upgrade still looks a bit iffy doing it from the WebApp.. Hopefully will get some time to really sit down and test out all the permutations. :/
[-] The following 1 user Likes agent_kith's post:
  • patricia1066

(08-Sep-2019, 07:42 AM)agent_kith Wrote:
(08-Sep-2019, 03:37 AM)patricia1066 Wrote: I updated 1.17 successfully today. I rebooted and clicked on Upgrade Ubuntu. Two hours later the screen has gone blank, no response but the PC is still on. I worry that if I shut down in the middle of the upgrade the OS will need to be reinstalled. 
Any advice?
Ubuntu in general is unlikely to have a problem.

Can you still SSH into the machine? If yes, try SSH into the machine, and run the following command:
Code:
sudo killall snakeoil-rest
Now try to get to the webapp from the browser again. Can you load it? If yes, click on the "Update Ubuntu" and see what happens.

Hopefully you'll be in the 18.02 branch..

Upgrade still looks a bit iffy doing it from the WebApp.. Hopefully will get some time to really sit down and test out all the permutations. :/

I think one problem is that I have the networking kernel installed, and was not around to respond to the permission requests required to implement the new update. 
The webadmin page came up again on 16.04.06 after using Putty to access the unresponsive PC.  I returned to the original standard kernel. 
I clicked on Upgrade, and instead of looking up 18.04 it looked up xenial. So naturally, I am still on 16.04! Hope this helps you to find the bug.

[font]Get:1 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-security InRelease [109 kB]
Hit:2 http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial InRelease
Get:3 http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-updates InRelease [109 kB]
Get:4 http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-backports InRelease [107 kB]
Fetched 325 kB in 0s (353 kB/s)
Reading package lists...
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
Calculating upgrade...
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
  dmeventd dmraid gir1.2-javascriptcoregtk-4.0 gir1.2-soup-2.4 gir1.2-vte-2.91
  gir1.2-webkit2-4.0 kpartx kpartx-boot laptop-detect libdevmapper-event1.02.1
  libdmraid1.0.0.rc16 libiw30 libllvm3.8 liblvm2cmd2.02 libparted-fs-resize0
  libreadline5 libtimezonemap-data libvte-2.91-0 libvte-2.91-common lzma
  sbsigntool
Use 'apt autoremove' to remove them.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Hit:1 http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial InRelease
Hit:2 http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-updates InRelease
Hit:3 http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-backports InRelease
Hit:4 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-security InRelease
Reading package lists...
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
Calculating upgrade...
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
  dmeventd dmraid gir1.2-javascriptcoregtk-4.0 gir1.2-soup-2.4 gir1.2-vte-2.91
  gir1.2-webkit2-4.0 kpartx kpartx-boot laptop-detect libdevmapper-event1.02.1
  libdmraid1.0.0.rc16 libiw30 libllvm3.8 liblvm2cmd2.02 libparted-fs-resize0
  libreadline5 libtimezonemap-data libvte-2.91-0 libvte-2.91-common lzma
  sbsigntool
Use 'apt autoremove' to remove them.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
###########################################
Your Ubuntu has been upgraded. Please reboot###########################################[/font]

(08-Sep-2019, 06:56 PM)patricia1066 Wrote: I think one problem is that I have the networking kernel installed, and was not around to respond to the permission requests required to implement the new update. 
do-release upgrade is set to use the noninteractive frontend, so it's supposed to just use the defaults for almost everything.

I wonder how I got it to work on my test machine before Huh, will have to test this again.

(08-Sep-2019, 06:56 PM)patricia1066 Wrote: The webadmin page came up again on 16.04.06 after using Putty to access the unresponsive PC.  I returned to the original standard kernel. 
I clicked on Upgrade, and instead of looking up 18.04 it looked up xenial. So naturally, I am still on 16.04! Hope this helps you to find the bug.
So with the network kernel things are not working? That's pretty strange. Sad

Didn't get a lot of time over the weekend to test this (I was trying to setup the dev environment for Pi4). Hopefully will do more tests on this and get back to you guys soon.
[-] The following 1 user Likes agent_kith's post:
  • patricia1066

Great job Agent_kith !!!  The new version 1.1.7 is well optimized and now with command top i see a cpu work of 8-9%,
with the 1.1.6 version it was 35%. 
I just use sox for the resampling to 24/96, it's just running like before, but better !
Thank you and congratulations for the work.
Gigi
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gigipack's post:
  • agent_kith