Snakeoil Firmware - 1.2.2 (Gear Isolation U2)
I just checked the index.html. Can confirm the meta tags to expire caches is gone. When doing the massive Angular update, almost everything is replaced, and I'm using a new index.html file, and it is without the additional meta tags.

Added this as a note 6 with a workaround, and will be fixed in U3.

Well, fixing this is really a hack as there's no sure fire way to really resolve this because of the underlying web technology. In general a force reload should work for most people.

Edit: Oh BTW, I havn't really been doing much since the weekend. Been doing some R&R, been doing more working from home recently and a consequence of that is I've been spending longer hours on work (the job is actually pretty fun actually causing me to forget about the time when I'm working from home).

Things I'll like to do (i.e. Roadmap for U3):
  1. Finally open-source everything (except the activation algorithm). The activation algorithm should be very easy to reverse engineer, and it was meant as a joke when it was initially to add it in. Same with calling the project Snakeoil. At the time I thought seeing a key generator for Snakeoil out there is a sign that Snakeoil OS has entered the mainstream. Unfortunately this project hasn't entered mainstream yet Blush .
  2. Automated Kernel Builder. This will be the primary focus I'll be working on.
  3. Snakeoil documentation. I have added UML and Draw.IO functionality into the system. Meaning it's possible for me to do diagrams like this now. Documentation is woefully out of date, but I hope to get it up to spec soon. Especially the new music player setup.
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!
[-] The following 4 users Like agent_kith's post:
  • patricia1066, hkphantomgtr, Valery, fat cat

(10-Feb-2022, 10:09 PM)patricia1066 Wrote:
(10-Feb-2022, 04:02 PM)Snoopy8 Wrote: Minor bugs.  On Win 11 laptop running Firefox, in Dashboard, bottom right corner, Home and Question buttons both gave a "Fatal Error".

On ChromeOS v100 (dev branch) and Brave browser V1.35.101 (Feb 9, 2022) these return a new tab with the Snakeoil-os homepage and wiki respectively. THe icons for the forum and Youtube also work. 

Perhaps a hard refresh will get it working? This clears the cache
To hard refresh on Mozilla Firefox on Windows or Linux Operating System
  1. Hold down Ctrl (Control) + Shift and click R.
  2. Or hold down Ctrl (Control) and click F5.
Thank you for the suggestion, but problem is still there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snoopy8's post:
  • patricia1066

(11-Feb-2022, 07:43 PM)Snoopy8 Wrote: Thank you for the suggestion, but problem is still there.
Can you do a screenshot? I don't understand what that fatal error is. Not sure I want to install Windows 11, been weaned off Windows for the past year or so and unlikely to ever go back.

Is this only in Windows 11 and Firefox and nothing else?

(12-Feb-2022, 07:32 AM)agent_kith Wrote: Can you do a screenshot? I don't understand what that fatal error is. Not sure I want to install Windows 11, been weaned off Windows for the past year or so and unlikely to ever go back.
Error with both Firefox and Edge in Win 11.  Does not appear on Android phone.

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function siteskin_init() in /var/www/snakeoil/inc/sessions/model/_hit.class.php:468 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/snakeoil/inc/sessions/model/_hit.class.php(300): Hit->detect_referer() #1 /var/www/snakeoil/inc/_init_hit.inc.php(169): Hit->__construct() #2 /var/www/snakeoil/inc/_main.inc.php(71): require('/var/www/snakeo...') #3 /var/www/snakeoil/index.php(30): require_once('/var/www/snakeo...') #4 {main} thrown in /var/www/snakeoil/inc/sessions/model/_hit.class.php on line 468

(12-Feb-2022, 10:43 AM)Snoopy8 Wrote:
(12-Feb-2022, 07:32 AM)agent_kith Wrote: Can you do a screenshot? I don't understand what that fatal error is. Not sure I want to install Windows 11, been weaned off Windows for the past year or so and unlikely to ever go back.
Error with both Firefox and Edge in Win 11.  Does not appear on Android phone.

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function siteskin_init() in /var/www/snakeoil/inc/sessions/model/_hit.class.php:468 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/snakeoil/inc/sessions/model/_hit.class.php(300): Hit->detect_referer() #1 /var/www/snakeoil/inc/_init_hit.inc.php(169): Hit->__construct() #2 /var/www/snakeoil/inc/_main.inc.php(71): require('/var/www/snakeo...') #3 /var/www/snakeoil/index.php(30): require_once('/var/www/snakeo...') #4 {main} thrown in /var/www/snakeoil/inc/sessions/model/_hit.class.php on line 468
Aha   seems it is a PHP error and AK has coded the latest version to not use PHP but left it there for compatibility with older versions....
You can remove the PHP code...
Let me look to find that and link... Big Grin

Found... Smile
https://www.snakeoil-os.net/forums/Threa...33#pid5333

Very obviously there has been a big revamp on the Webgui. Now we could see the error message reported by the system. This is a good thing.

However, I am having a bit of difficulties in configuring the MPD. I got the player.error.header error as shown in the picture. How can I get it sorted?

Frankly I have never been able to make my MPD work for me.

[Image: aa1-vert.jpg]

(12-Feb-2022, 07:33 PM)mandickay Wrote: Very obviously there has been a big revamp on the Webgui. Now we could see the error message reported by the system. This is a good thing.

However, I am having a bit of difficulties in configuring the MPD. I got the player.error.header error as shown in the picture. How can I get it sorted?

Can you do a force browser refresh (Should be CTRL+F5), get rid of the invalid text (.VIEW_LOGS, .INVALID_CONFIG, .HEADER, etc) . Then click on MPD, and show me what settings is in there?

(13-Feb-2022, 09:00 AM)agent_kith Wrote:
(12-Feb-2022, 07:33 PM)mandickay Wrote: Very obviously there has been a big revamp on the Webgui. Now we could see the error message reported by the system. This is a good thing.

Can you do a force browser refresh (Should be CTRL+F5), get rid of the invalid text (.VIEW_LOGS, .INVALID_CONFIG, .HEADER, etc) . Then click on MPD, and show me what settings is in there?

After a force browser refresh and a re-configuration of MPD, it seems OK now. However I still cannot get the myMPD worked for me.

[Image: 2022-02-13-13-26-23-Snakeoil-OS-Microsoft-Edge.png]

(13-Feb-2022, 01:29 PM)mandickay Wrote: After a force browser refresh and a re-configuration of MPD, it seems OK now. However I still cannot get the myMPD worked for me.
Can you be more specific on the myMPD error? Example of problems:
  1. Cannot connect to myMPD
  2. Can connect to myMPD, but myMPD cannot connect to MPD
  3. Something else
I'm working on a new release that'll fix some of the problems highlighted, and while doing that, expanded the Music Player Status to something like so:

[Image: Player-Status-U3.jpg]

Hopefully you can let me know what problems you have with myMPD so I can fix that in the next update also.

(12-Feb-2022, 10:43 AM)Snoopy8 Wrote: Error with both Firefox and Edge in Win 11. Does not appear on Android phone.

(12-Feb-2022, 01:48 PM)Bromf Wrote: Aha   seems it is a PHP error and AK has coded the latest version to not use PHP but left it there for compatibility with older versions....
You can remove the PHP code...
Let me look to find that and link... Big Grin

Found... Smile
https://www.snakeoil-os.net/forums/Threa...33#pid5333
I missed this earlier. So this is the fatal error you guys were talking about? Are you still getting that? That's actually the Snakeoil Website (on the internet), and not the WebApp (Running on your snakeoil computer).

Are you guys still seeing this error? I can't recreate this on my home machines at all (and I'm using firefox).