Snakeoil Installer - 1.2.0 (Gear Isolation)
I have installed lowlatency kernel - linux-image-lowlatency 5.4.0-73
It works!!!
But latency has not decreased significantly. But interrupt handlers appeared in the list of processes. And now I can change the priority of the interrupt handlers. Аnd that's fine.

[Image: Screenshot-3.png]

Then I changed the clocksource to tsc via CLI. And latency is almost back to normal. HPET is evil.
[Image: Screenshot-4.png]
However, the "Max" values ​​are still greater than those of Ubuntu 16.04.

It may be useful to add the low latency kernel to the base installation
Sorry for my English
[GA-H170M-D3H + G4400 + SOtM tX-USB] > Ortofon DGI-K2 Silver > LKS Audio MH-DA003 USB Upgrade > Audioquest Colorado > Audio Note P2SE > Audio Note AN-B > Tannoy D500

[-] The following 1 user Likes m@jor's post:
  • Snoopy8

(18-May-2021, 08:44 PM)m@jor Wrote: The cyclictest result from the CLI on the 5.4.0-73-generic kernel saddened.
Yeah, the stock kernel is more optimised for server loads. Having said that, 20 ns is still no slouch. The new GUI I'm working on right now will have a new interface for users to submit their system config and build a new kernel. This new feature will come in a subsequent update. The beauty of this new UI is the new kernel will be customised to your exact specifications. And hopefully have a system allowing snakeoil users to share kernel configs between us.
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!
[-] The following 2 users Like agent_kith's post:
  • Bromf, hkphantomgtr

(19-May-2021, 07:56 AM)agent_kith Wrote:
(18-May-2021, 08:44 PM)m@jor Wrote: The cyclictest result from the CLI on the 5.4.0-73-generic kernel saddened.
Yeah, the stock kernel is more optimised for server loads. Having said that, 20 ns is still no slouch. The new GUI I'm working on right now will have a new interface for users to submit their system config and build a new kernel. This new feature will come in a subsequent update. The beauty of this new UI is the new kernel will be customised to your exact specifications. And hopefully have a system allowing snakeoil users to share kernel configs between us.

Ground breaking
[-] The following 1 user Likes hkphantomgtr's post:
  • Bromf

(19-May-2021, 09:43 AM)hkphantomgtr Wrote: Ground breaking
Only if I have the time to finish it. Big Grin Think about 4 more months before my 6 month contract runs out. Will be able to dedicate more time then.

(19-May-2021, 09:43 AM)hkphantomgtr Wrote: The new GUI I'm working on right now will have a new interface for users to submit their system config and build a new kernel. This new feature will come in a subsequent update. The beauty of this new UI is the new kernel will be customised to your exact specifications

Customize the launch parameters of already created kernels or make a completely new kernel yourself? The second task is very difficult.
Sorry for my English
[GA-H170M-D3H + G4400 + SOtM tX-USB] > Ortofon DGI-K2 Silver > LKS Audio MH-DA003 USB Upgrade > Audioquest Colorado > Audio Note P2SE > Audio Note AN-B > Tannoy D500

(09-May-2021, 10:03 AM)Snoopy8 Wrote: If you do not feel the need to upgrade, you do not have to.  However, should you have a disk failure, you may have issues re-installing from scratch. Ubuntu 16.04 has reached end of life, with no updates and the repositories will disappear.  To be safe, you should take an image of your system, say with Clonezilla.

Found that 1.2.0 provides as good sound quality (SQ) as 1.1.11.  I use LMS as my way to connect to Tidal & Spotify and SQ was the same.  However, SQ did improve slightly with Mpd 0.22.3 in 1.2.0.  Also, one of my reasons for going to Ubuntu 20.04 was to test JRiver and HQPlayer.

Snoopy... 

Just wondering if you were successful in your testing of JRiver? 

If you did get JRiver running: what version are you using?  Were there any special steps you had to take after installing UbuntuServer and the new SnakeOil installer?

I started back to school and haven't had time to check the forums lately unfortunately, so I was not able to hook up with AgentKith to do any troubleshooting a while back.  I'm still running Ubuntu 18 with the old SnakeOil installer, but I'm stuck on JRiver 26 (Own 27 & 28 and can't use them).

Thanks in advance!

(19-May-2021, 07:13 PM)musicnut23 Wrote: Just wondering if you were successful in your testing of JRiver? 
Sorry, JRiver has dropped off my ToDo list. I was contemplating using JRiver for a number of things, but my requirements have changed since.

(19-May-2021, 07:20 PM)Snoopy8 Wrote:
(19-May-2021, 07:13 PM)musicnut23 Wrote: Just wondering if you were successful in your testing of JRiver? 
Sorry, JRiver has dropped off my ToDo list. I was contemplating using JRiver for a number of things, but my requirements have changed since.

Alrighty - Thank you.

(19-May-2021, 06:50 PM)m@jor Wrote: Customize the launch parameters of already created kernels or make a completely new kernel yourself? The second task is very difficult.
Both. Former we already have something. But the latter will:
  1. look at your system (really just /proc/moodules IIRC) and see the drivers you have running
  2. Send it to a custom builder site
  3. Retrieve some info back from custom builder set
  4. User tweak more settings (enable/disable more drivers, change timer frequency, change file or CPU scheduler, and so on)
  5. Click submit
  6. Wait for a download link to the email
  7. Download the file
  8. Upload the file manually & reboot
So steps 6 to 8 still requires user manual input, as frankly building a kernel is time consuming. This will also conserve/throttle bandwidth (remember all this Interent is being shared with the forum sponsor and I can't let this degrade the sponsor website's performance).

That's the plan anyway, just have to find the time to put everything down into code.
[-] The following 2 users Like agent_kith's post:
  • m@jor, hkphantomgtr

This is a cool, but time consuming idea. Good luck. We'll be waiting. While staying at 16.04
Sorry for my English