Snakeoil Installer- 1.2.6 (Gear Isolation U6)
Introduction
This is a major bug fix release. With 101 commits, 1852 additions and 1011 deletions.

Some highlights:
  • Updated installer so it will work on newer Ubuntu LTS, and Ubuntu Studio.
  • New GUI to copy media from removable storage (USB Keys, HDD/SSD)
  • New Logitech MediaServer that will work on newer distros
Basically a more stable version now. Thanks to @Snoopy8 ​​​​​​, @hkphantomgtr and others for beta testing. 

For firmware please check in the firmware section later. I think I ran out of time for now so will make the firmware post later today or sometime tomorrow.

Changelog

Download Links
.sh   snakeoil-installer-armv7l-1.2.6.sh (Size: 129.47 MB / Downloads: 644)
(SHA1: ed7dc38f4b4ab46dcfe2de2b606d8090aba08011)
.sh   snakeoil-installer-x86_64-1.2.6.sh (Size: 114.35 MB / Downloads: 1,515)
(SHA1: c0d0ab9b8d64e3f6a0d495f974679b511b87ca0c)
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!
[-] The following 1 user Likes agent_kith's post:
  • hkphantomgtr

Thank you very much, AK!  That's great!  [Image: good_job.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes hkphantomgtr's post:
  • agent_kith

When I install this installer and want to use ssh after install I got connection refused. I did enabled wifi but then I got error dependency failed. Reboot takes minutes because of it.

(20-Aug-2022, 04:37 PM)Tecko Wrote: When I install this installer and want to use ssh after install I got connection refused. I did enabled wifi but then I got error dependency failed. Reboot takes minutes because of it.

Please check in SnakeOil/ System Services that Open SSH Server has been enabled.

(20-Aug-2022, 04:37 PM)Tecko Wrote: When I install this installer and want to use ssh after install I got connection refused. I did enabled wifi but then I got error dependency failed. Reboot takes minutes because of it.
The ubuntu server version 22.04.1 gives a lot of problems installing Roon Server

Hi,
Wifi is untested right now. Do you connect both Wifi and wired? or just Wifi?

If you only have WIfi, and assuming it's setup correctly during installation, it should not cause problems when booting.

Connecting both wired and Wifi could be the reason why you're having problems. If both Wifi and wired are on the same network then you have just created a network loop.

(20-Aug-2022, 05:37 PM)Tecko Wrote: The ubuntu server version 22.04.1 gives a lot of problems installing Roon Server
Can you copy and paste the output of a Roon Server install please? So I can have a look.

Thanks.

(18-Aug-2022, 05:55 PM)agent_kith Wrote: Introduction
This is a major bug fix release. With 101 commits, 1852 additions and 1011 deletions.

Some highlights:
  • Updated installer so it will work on newer Ubuntu LTS, and Ubuntu Studio.
  • New GUI to copy media from removable storage (USB Keys, HDD/SSD)
  • New Logitech MediaServer that will work on newer distros
Basically a more stable version now. Thanks to @Snoopy8 ​​​​​​, @hkphantomgtr and others for beta testing. 

For firmware please check in the firmware section later. I think I ran out of time for now so will make the firmware post later today or sometime tomorrow.

Changelog

Download Links
(SHA1: ed7dc38f4b4ab46dcfe2de2b606d8090aba08011)
(SHA1: c0d0ab9b8d64e3f6a0d495f974679b511b87ca0c)

FYI, AK, this noon I've reinstalled my NUC with UbuntuStudio 22.04.1 and 1.2.6 SO Installer.  So far it works properly and the sound is better than 1.2.6 FW in 20.04 (updated to latest).  In comparing to 1.2.6FW in 20.04, the focus is sharper, sound stage is wider and deeper, image is more holographic, texture and details are richer, overall everything is in a better controlled manner, quite a lean sound, and the sound is a bit louder.  I like this sound more.

BTW, here is the list I used to remove the bundled softwares in UbuntuStudio 22.04.1.

Code:
apt remove -y aeolus ardour audacity carla dgedit geonkick fluidsynth guitarix hexter hydrogen lmms mcpdisp meterbridge mudita24 musescore petri-foo phasex qasmixer qmidiarp qsynth qtractor rakarrack sooperlooper yoshimi zynaddsubfx darktable digikam entangle gimp gwenview imagemagick inkscape kcolorchooser krita libreoffice-core mypaint okular skanlite synfig blender kdenlive obs qwinff xjadeo firefox thunderbird quassel elisa vlc xjadeo ark fcitx kwrite texinfo

Of course, don't forget 

Code:
apt -y autoremove

Just like in previous test build installer, after installed and setting the SO, it takes few more reboot to get them work properly.  Or you'll get this not working or that not working.
[-] The following 3 users Like hkphantomgtr's post:
  • vinaymoturi, agent_kith, Snoopy8

(21-Aug-2022, 06:11 PM)hkphantomgtr Wrote: The focus is sharper, sound stage is wider and deeper, image is more holographic, texture and details are richer, overall everything is in a better controlled manner, quite a lean sound, and the sound is a bit louder.  I like this sound more.
Really happy that we are hearing the same things. I for one am obsessed with wider/deeper/holographic. The moment when the speakers disappears completely and all you can feel is a stage (or hall or whatever) in front of you. Sometimes you feel you're at the front stage, and other times for some strange reason it feels you're actually behind the stage.

Unfortunately I can't really get a lot wider/deeper because my listening room is so small. Have enough of a hint but can't go too much.

Would love to drop by your place and listen to your sound system one day.. *shakes fist at covid*
Nonono
[-] The following 1 user Likes agent_kith's post:
  • hkphantomgtr

(22-Aug-2022, 08:55 AM)agent_kith Wrote:
(21-Aug-2022, 06:11 PM)hkphantomgtr Wrote: The focus is sharper, sound stage is wider and deeper, image is more holographic, texture and details are richer, overall everything is in a better controlled manner, quite a lean sound, and the sound is a bit louder.  I like this sound more.
Really happy that we are hearing the same things. I for one am obsessed with wider/deeper/holographic. The moment when the speakers disappears completely and all you can feel is a stage (or hall or whatever) in front of you. Sometimes you feel you're at the front stage, and other times for some strange reason it feels you're actually behind the stage.

Unfortunately I can't really get a lot wider/deeper because my listening room is so small. Have enough of a hint but can't go too much.

Would love to drop by your place and listen to your sound system one day.. *shakes fist at covid*
[Image: nonono.gif]

I'm very happy that our effort to get SO works with UbuntuStudio 22.04 is undeniably rewarding.  The sound quality improvement is obvious in comparing to UbuntuStudio 20.04, even with the same version of FW.  I'm very grateful for your help and contribution!  (Yet numerically, the latency of both 20.04 and 22.04 are about the same.)

>> "other times for some strange reason it feels you're actually behind the stage."
I suspect that the playback phase is not right for that album.

BTW, of course, you're welcome to visit me if you'll be this place again after that damned pandemic.  小弟隨時候教! Big Grin

(22-Aug-2022, 12:07 PM)hkphantomgtr Wrote: I'm very happy that our effort to get SO works with UbuntuStudio 22.04 is undeniably rewarding.  The sound quality improvement is obvious in comparing to UbuntuStudio 20.04, even with the same version of FW.  I'm very grateful for your help and contribution!  (Yet numerically, the latency of both 20.04 and 22.04 are about the same.)
Oh NO! Big Grin

Does it mean that Ubuntu 22.04 is better than 20.04?  And I thought I could take a rest from upgrading for a while?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snoopy8's post:
  • hkphantomgtr