Spotify Client
Information
Install this firmware module to enable Spotify Client in your Players list. Note you will need a Spotify subscription to continue.

Download  Instructions
Once installed, select Spotify Connect in the Players list. And VNC in to continue.

[Image: Spotify.png]
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

Spotfy connect seems to be installled but I don't know what to do from there. I can't access VNC

[Image: Screen_Shot_2017_03_29_at_3_40_32_pm.png]

hd image hosting
[Image: Screen_Shot_2017_03_29_at_3_54_15_pm.png]

(29-Mar-2017, 03:58 PM)a.dent Wrote: Spotfy connect seems to be installled but I don't know what to do from there. I can't access VNC
Can you take a picture of the entire software player tab? The section where it says PID, is VNC and Spotify shown to be running?

When you installed the Spotify firmware, did any error messages pop up?

SSH into your machine and run the following, maybe that will help:

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install -f

(29-Mar-2017, 04:14 PM)agent_kith Wrote:
(29-Mar-2017, 03:58 PM)a.dent Wrote: Spotfy connect seems to be installled but I don't know what to do from there. I can't access VNC
Can you take a picture of the entire software player tab? The section where it says PID, is VNC and Spotify shown to be running?

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install -f

No error message installing Spotify connect.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2017_03_29_at_4_54_18_pm.png]

(29-Mar-2017, 04:55 PM)a.dent Wrote:
(29-Mar-2017, 04:14 PM)agent_kith Wrote:

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install -f

No error message installing Spotify connect.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2017_03_29_at_4_54_18_pm.png]

I've never been able to use VNC. It has always given that message. I hoped something different would happen but no.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2017_03_29_at_4_57_04_pm.png]

(29-Mar-2017, 04:55 PM)a.dent Wrote: I've never been able to use VNC. It has always given that message. I hoped something different would happen but no.
The player status tells us both Spotify client/connect and VNCServer are running. That's a good thing. Thumbs Up

Now to use VNC to get in, you have to add a :1 to the server address.

Look at your browser address bar, and find out what IP or server name it is. Let's say your Snakeoil machine is 192.168.1.17. The VNC connection address becomes 192.168.1.17:1, like so:

[Image: sample_vnc_login.png]

If it's a name (e.g. snakeoil.local), then enter it as snakeoil.local:1, like so:
[Image: sample_vnc_login_name.png]

Once you've entered the server, hit the "OK" button, and it should prompt you for a password. Type in "Password1" (without quotes) and you should see the Spotify Login screen shown in the first post.

Thanks TJ.
For some reason I missed the :1 thing. And I didn't use that password either. It seems to work perfectly now.

(29-Mar-2017, 08:09 PM)a.dent Wrote: Thanks TJ.
For some reason I missed the :1 thing. And I didn't use that password either. It seems to work perfectly now.
That's great to hear. Let me know how it goes, as I don't have an account to test this, can't proceed past that login screen. Any questions, take a screenshot, and let me know. Thumbs Up

(29-Mar-2017, 08:09 PM)a.dent Wrote: Thanks TJ.

No I was too quick to say it works.
Everything looks like it is playing but there is no volume. i.e. zero. I have the volume controls at maximum but no sound.
Any tips?

(29-Mar-2017, 08:24 PM)a.dent Wrote: Everything looks like it is playing but there is no volume. i.e. zero. I have the volume controls at maximum but no sound.
Any tips?

Do you have a screen cap of the audio setup? My home Internet is too slow right now to research on this (shakes head at fraudband ADSL). Try these and see what happens: 
  • Click "UNMUTE" in the HARDWARE tab
  • Make sure you're using HW ALSA in the Spotify configuration.
  • Go to the Snakeoil Web-app, and go into the hardware tab, what does the row "params" say?

Any luck with this so far? If you're still having problems, later this weekend I'd sign up for a Spotify account and come up with a walkthrough on how to set this up.