Spotify Client
(23-Oct-2020, 03:00 PM)OscarH Wrote: Thanks... should almost work now.. except it returns with "no such file or directory"

I can clearly see the file in the music folder (also in the SO web browser) so saving it onto the snakeoil computer is not the issue.
Are you sure it's the music folder, not playlist?
Could be a file permissions issue, perhaps try:
Code:
sudo cat /media/music/gpg | sudo apt-key add -
if the file is saved to the playlist share, do
Code:
sudo cat /media/playlist/gpg | sudo apt-key add -

* Assuming you saved the file as gpg (if it's another name, replace gpg with your saved file name)

(23-Oct-2020, 03:00 PM)OscarH Wrote: - which file type does it need to be saved as? (I have tried using the gpg file and with the contents in a text file)
It does not matter in this case.

(23-Oct-2020, 03:00 PM)OscarH Wrote: - is the directory /media/music by default? How can I see if it's called something else?
Try the above first, if it doesn't work, do a screencap of the file browser, and we'll find out.

Cheers.
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

Hi agent_kith,

Here's how it looks... 

The file is there as far as I can tell, but all of the suggested commands return "no such file or directory"

[Image: 2020-10-24.png]

(24-Oct-2020, 01:46 PM)OscarH Wrote: The file is there as far as I can tell, but all of the suggested commands return "no such file or directory"
Aha, there's a .txt file extension.
Try this and it should work now.
Code:
sudo cat /media/music/gpg.txt | sudo apt-key add -
[-] The following 1 user Likes agent_kith's post:
  • OscarH

(26-Oct-2020, 10:56 AM)agent_kith Wrote:
(24-Oct-2020, 01:46 PM)OscarH Wrote: The file is there as far as I can tell, but all of the suggested commands return "no such file or directory"
Aha, there's a .txt file extension.
Try this and it should work now.
Code:
sudo cat /media/music/gpg.txt | sudo apt-key add -

Bingo!

Everything works now. Thank you so much for your impressive dedication and patience with computer n00bs!
[-] The following 1 user Likes OscarH's post:
  • agent_kith

(26-Oct-2020, 03:53 PM)OscarH Wrote: Everything works now. Thank you so much for your impressive dedication and patience with computer n00bs!
No problems. We all have to start somewhere.

Got to say, the COVID lock down has severely limited my music purchases. Looks like I will explore the Spotify streaming route eventually. my car (via Android auto) has spotify, and I'm still on the free version. The audio quality isn't as good IMHO, will I get better quality if I get a paid subscription?

I'm a n00b too as I havn't really used Spotify before Blush... I
[-] The following 2 users Like agent_kith's post:
  • OscarH, hkphantomgtr

The premium version has higher resolution, though still not what could be defined as "Hi-Res".

That said spotify is probably often mistreated by cheap streamers of bluetooth speakers etc.  

I have a dedicated spotify player (wouldn't work to tell the kids to log into snakeoil (well, truth be told they'd get the hang of it in no time, but I don't want them poking around in there) to switch between upmpdcli to play from the NAS and spotify so this way they're just separate channels on the amp) also on the main system built on the intel atom DM2800 with snakeoil and it sounds very good.

It's extremely practical for new music, music I can't or won't buy, party lists and the ever changing taste of the kids. The premium version also lets you download musc to your mobile which is useful when flying (not that we're doing any of that anytime soon) or any other time you need to be offline. 

I wouldn't throw out the NAS or the vinyl but I also find it too restrictive NOT to have a streamer service available.
[-] The following 1 user Likes OscarH's post:
  • agent_kith

(22-Oct-2020, 03:37 PM)agent_kith Wrote:
(22-Oct-2020, 03:22 PM)OscarH Wrote: I still get: curl: (48) An unknown option was passed in to libcurl
Interesting, what distro are you using? Raspberry Pi, or something else?
just run this then to add the key, hopefully it'll work for your setup.
Code:
curl https://download.spotify.com/debian/pubkey_0D811D58.gpg | sudo apt-key add -
https should be everywhere http:// https does not work

Tried Spotify Connect but could not get it running.  Did not understand what the VNC Viewer was showing.  Spotify app on Android phone could not see Spotify Connect (but did see other devices like my Sonos players).

However, I got Spotify running using LMS Spotify plugin.  It was straight forward to enable the plugin, do the settings including account setting, and selecting the player. It was so much easier and quicker...

(02-May-2021, 10:15 AM)Snoopy8 Wrote: Tried Spotify Connect but could not get it running.  Did not understand what the VNC Viewer was showing.  Spotify app on Android phone could not see Spotify Connect (but did see other devices like my Sonos players).

However, I got Spotify running using LMS Spotify plugin.  It was straight forward to enable the plugin, do the settings including account setting, and selecting the player. It was so much easier and quicker...
Just checked this. I think new Spotify client has changed it's executable name.. Will look into this and fix this in the official release of Gear Isolation.

Edit: Found the bug and fixed it in the next release.
[-] The following 1 user Likes agent_kith's post:
  • Snoopy8

Running 1.2 on Intel NUC.  Spotify Connect installed properly, used VNC Viewer to get into login screen and successfully logged in.  However, cannot play any music, getting error message that "Spotify can't play this right now".  The music is from Spotify and can be played on phone etc, but cannot be played via Spotify Connect

Also, in Music Player tab, tried changing to LMS and then changing back to Spotify Connect. It appears that Spotify Connect cannot be restarted this way.  Had to reboot to get back to Spotify Connect.

Can play music using LMS with Spotify plugin.

p/s this is not urgent to fix, happy to continue using LMS...

** added
It seems to be a generic error message with many possible solutions
https://spotifyhelp.com/spotify-cant-pla...right-now/
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop...-p/4677307

Tried logging in and out Spotify Connect, but could not access local storage.  The 2nd link is installing a ffmpeg compatibility library. Given that ffmpg is used widely, not sure whether it is safe, so did not try it...