Still Installaltion stage
(06-Jun-2019, 11:42 AM)ttan98 Wrote: Managed to install in another laptop but Snakeoil cannot detect wireless card works with the Ethernet RJ45 connection only.
My brain wasn't thinking straight. For some reason I confused USB ethernet adaptor with Wifi.

The ISO is missing the tools for wifi connection (wpa_supplicant). So getting the install from Wifi is probably not going to work. For now there is just now easy way at all to get Wifi to work on a install ISO. Something to look at in the future, will have to respin a new ISO for this.

(06-Jun-2019, 11:42 AM)ttan98 Wrote: ALso, update to FW 1.1.5 also installed Spotify connect, How do I get access to Spotify? 
If you're using the activated edition, just go tot he snakeoil menu and enable Spotify in the list, and hit "Save". On free editions, you can install the software manually (as per their site's instructions.)
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

(07-Jun-2019, 09:42 AM)agent_kith Wrote:
(06-Jun-2019, 11:42 AM)ttan98 Wrote: Managed to install in another laptop but Snakeoil cannot detect wireless card works with the Ethernet RJ45 connection only.
My brain wasn't thinking straight. For some reason I confused USB ethernet adaptor with Wifi.

The ISO is missing the tools for wifi connection (wpa_supplicant). So getting the install from Wifi is probably not going to work. For now there is just now easy way at all to get Wifi to work on a install ISO. Something to look at in the future, will have to respin a new ISO for this.
(06-Jun-2019, 11:42 AM)ttan98 Wrote: ALso, update to FW 1.1.5 also installed Spotify connect, How do I get access to Spotify? 
If you're using the activated edition, just go tot he snakeoil menu and enable Spotify in the list, and hit "Save". On free editions, you can install the software manually (as per their site's instructions.) 
I have a paid edition, and hit "save" then I cannot find the Snakeoil "device" on my smartphone(with spotify connect) or laptop(with spotify connect), how do I find the Snakeoil device?

(09-Jun-2019, 03:53 PM)ttan98 Wrote: I have a paid edition, and hit "save" then I cannot find the Snakeoil "device" on my smartphone(with spotify connect) or laptop(with spotify connect), how do I find the Snakeoil device? 
It's activated, not paid. :p Semantics but important nonetheless.

I have not try Spotify myself.

But you probably need to VNC into your Snakeoil PC, once in, you'll see a Spotify connect GUI loaded in this virtual desktop. Follow the spotify instructions to set things up, and then see if your client can see it afterwards.
[-] The following 1 user Likes agent_kith's post:
  • hkphantomgtr

(10-Jun-2019, 08:06 AM)agent_kith Wrote:
(09-Jun-2019, 03:53 PM)ttan98 Wrote: I have a paid edition, and hit "save" then I cannot find the Snakeoil "device" on my smartphone(with spotify connect) or laptop(with spotify connect), how do I find the Snakeoil device? 

But you probably need to VNC into your Snakeoil PC, once in, you'll see a Spotify connect GUI loaded in this virtual desktop. Follow the spotify instructions to set things up, and then see if your client can see it afterwards.where do I get GUI VNC for Snakeoil?

(10-Jun-2019, 12:53 PM)ttan98 Wrote:
(10-Jun-2019, 08:06 AM)agent_kith Wrote:

But you probably need to VNC into your Snakeoil PC, once in, you'll see a Spotify connect GUI loaded in this virtual desktop. Follow the spotify instructions to set things up, and then see if your client can see it afterwards.where do I get GUI VNC for Snakeoil?
Downloaded this Spotify-connect-1.0-amd64.fw install and didn't work, now my Spotify connect icon is missing. Please advise what procedure to take to install SPotify connect VNC to get Spotify GUI?

(10-Jun-2019, 12:53 PM)ttan98 Wrote: Downloaded this Spotify-connect-1.0-amd64.fw install and didn't work, now my Spotify connect icon is missing. Please advise what procedure to take to install SPotify connect VNC to get Spotify GUI?
Go to the Snakeoil menu, and do this:
[Image: Spotify-Connect.png]

Then select Spotify on the players list, click "Start Player(s)". Finally VNC in and login to Spotify.

(10-Jun-2019, 01:35 PM)agent_kith Wrote:
(10-Jun-2019, 12:53 PM)ttan98 Wrote: Downloaded this Spotify-connect-1.0-amd64.fw install and didn't work, now my Spotify connect icon is missing. Please advise what procedure to take to install SPotify connect VNC to get Spotify GUI?
Go to the Snakeoil menu, and do this:
[Image: Spotify-Connect.png]

Then select Spotify on the players list, click "Start Player(s)". Finally VNC in and login to Spotify. 

I am getting too many problems:
1. I lost the icon to Spotify Connect and never was able to connect to Spotify, haven't other features.
2. Reinstall the Snakeoil
3. Everything seems ok I can connect to it with no problems
4. Update the Firmware it seems to so update
5. NOW I CANNOT reconnect to Snakeoil, see fault message image
[Image: Snakeoilfault.jpg]below.
6. I think I better stop messing around, wait till you get your Snakeoil OS in better shape before I start installing again.

BTW at the Snakeoil PC end it seems to boot ok with IP address and login messages displayed

Bye.