[SOLVED] Support for RME 9632 PCI Soundcard
Still cannot get sound. I've tried hdspmixer, but it looks like not installed and i get dependencies not met when I tried to install it...

Try and ssh in, and run alsamixer, and see if you can enable/disable or route the inputs to the output you want.

Do you have the firmware you can upload to the card? I think alsa-firmware-loaders is already installed, but if it's not already, run this from ssh:
Code:
sudo apt-get install alsa-firmware-loaders
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

Okay, i installed alsa-firmware-loaders after i typed sudo apt-get -f install.
I also installed alsa-tools-gui to get both hdspconf, hdspmixer and also hdsploader.

When I type hdspconf i get:
Looking for HDSP cards :
No Hammerfall DSP card found.

When I type hdspmixer:
Looking for RME cards:
*** Error in `hdspmixer': munmap_chunk(): invalid pointer: 0x00007f309e4f61f8 ***
Aborted (core dumped)

When I type hdsploader:
hdsploader - firmware loader for RME Hammerfall DSP cards
Looking for HDSP + Multiface or Digiface cards :

For alsamixer or amixer it says no such file or directory.

(28-Oct-2016, 11:58 AM)Jhya Wrote: Okay, i installed alsa-firmware-loaders after i typed sudo apt-get -f install.
I also installed alsa-tools-gui to get both hdspconf, hdspmixer and also hdsploader.

When I type hdspconf i get:
Looking for HDSP cards :
No Hammerfall DSP card found.

When I type hdspmixer:
Looking for RME cards:
*** Error in `hdspmixer': munmap_chunk(): invalid pointer: 0x00007f309e4f61f8 ***
Aborted (core dumped)

When I type hdsploader:
hdsploader - firmware loader for RME Hammerfall DSP cards
Looking for HDSP + Multiface or Digiface cards :

For alsamixer or amixer it says no such file or directory.
For security "reasons", the login user don't have access to anything audio.

Turn yourself into a root user, put "su" before everything.. e.g.
Code:
sudo hdspconf

Okay, when i ssh in, sudo hdspconf runs, but at the end says can't open display.
So I tried using deadbeef as player and vnc into gui, and run hdspconf. Now I got the config menu!

[Image: VNC.jpg]

I think I checked everything correctly, but I still do not have any sound out. Tried deadbeef or went back to mpd or lms, no sound.
I'm currently using the TOSLINK SPDIF output, will build a DIY breakout with SPDIF Coaxial later.

hosting

ADAT1 is your digital out? Since it's opitical, do you see a red light?

(28-Oct-2016, 04:47 PM)agent_kith Wrote: ADAT1 is your digital out? Since it's opitical, do you see a red light?

Yea, there's a red light on the card. The manual also says "The ADAT I/O can also be used as optical SPDIF I/O, if set up accordingly in the Settings dialog."
This is the windows version. I ticked the SPDIF out, Optical. Then I get sound output in Windows.

[Image: hd32_set.gif]

(28-Oct-2016, 05:05 PM)Jhya Wrote:
(28-Oct-2016, 04:47 PM)agent_kith Wrote: ADAT1 is your digital out? Since it's opitical, do you see a red light?

Yea, there's a red light on the card. The manual also says "The ADAT I/O can also be used as optical SPDIF I/O, if set up accordingly in the Settings dialog."
This is the windows version. I ticked the SPDIF out, Optical. Then I get sound output in Windows.

[Image: hd32_set.gif]
can you run alsamixer and see what channels are available? provide screencaps of all the inputs & outpus if you can.

When you start playing music (even if no sound), from the hardware tab, can you see if the ALSA device is being used? Or is it saying "closed".

(28-Oct-2016, 05:44 PM)agent_kith Wrote:
(28-Oct-2016, 05:05 PM)Jhya Wrote:

can you run alsamixer and see what channels are available? provide screencaps of all the inputs & outpus if you can.

When you start playing music (even if no sound), from the hardware tab, can you see if the ALSA device is being used? Or is it saying "closed".

Hi Agent Kith,
after playing with alsamixer, i didn't find any settings that would enable correct routing sound to SPDIF out. this is screenshot:

[Image: alsamixer.jpg]

I finally found by google that the Hammerfall HDSP has a matrixmixer that routes inputs to correct output channels and I need to use the "amixer" command. For the RME 9632 the correct settings that gave me sound:
amixer -c 0 cset numid=5 16,8,32768
amixer -c 0 cset numid=5 17,9,32768

I can now use deadbeef to play all my music.

[Image: deadbeef.jpg]

But when I tried to switch to any MPD or Squeezelite players, there is no sound output. Under the Hardware tab, I see under Params either Closed or no setup when playing a music file.

Most players are setup for direct hardware access. Seems if you want to get this working will need some changes to the original templates.

Instead of using hw access you have to configure everything in alsa the alsa conf then use ALSA:default as your audio device.