Topping d50?
(26-Oct-2019, 11:05 AM)agent_kith Wrote:
(26-Oct-2019, 10:51 AM)anewmission Wrote: OK cool thanks. How can I donate to get an activated version with minimserver?
Activation only makes it easier to install minimserver, you can actually install it manually by SSH into the machine right now if you know how. Once installed minimserver will appear automatically in the list.

If you want to help out the project, just click on "Support Us" in the web app, and choose either Patreon (Monthly $1) or Paypal (one time any sum)..

Cheap-trick: You can sign up to Patreon and get the code, and then cancel before the month is out to get the activation code for free Big Grin.

It's always my intention is to make Snakeoil free. Honestly didn't expect or want people to pay money for this. Easier for the taxman, and a lot more flexibility for me to work on this at my own comfortable pace.

Wow that is very nice of you.
I have had some experience with Linux but probably not enough to install via ssh.
Although installing minimserver on the Linux backend page that pops up I could do? Would that work?

I think I do need the activation as it wasn't letting me mount other drives?

Just waiting on my new psu and I'll install it on a fresh Ssd.

Setup will be nas (actually just a bunch of hard drives in my main kodi that stays on all the time) - snakeoil with minimserver - topping d50 - pre amp.

Also here's a good tip for people using Kodi and Lms on different machines. Kodi uses port 9090 for its remote apps (yatse and kodi remote) so does Lms. I noticed this last night. I suggest changing kodis port instead of Lms, I did this by creating an advancedsettings.xml

Yatse doesn't work any longer but I will figure out how to change yatses port also. I will post how I did that soon.

(26-Oct-2019, 03:12 PM)anewmission Wrote: I think I do need the activation as it wasn't letting me mount other drives?
Make sure you're on the latest version of the firmware. You should be able to mount > 1 points from the WebApp now.

Let me how it goes with native DSD if you can. If your DAC supports native DSD the XMOS chip should be supported straight out the box. TIA.
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

(27-Oct-2019, 12:45 PM)agent_kith Wrote:
(26-Oct-2019, 03:12 PM)anewmission Wrote: I think I do need the activation as it wasn't letting me mount other drives?
Make sure you're on the latest version of the firmware. You should be able to mount > 1 points from the WebApp now.

Let me how it goes with native DSD if you can. If your DAC supports native DSD the XMOS chip should be supported straight out the box. TIA.

OK sure. I will definitely let you know
Probably not the right place to ask this, but what is a good app(android) to take full advantage of the logitech media server plugins?
I did ask on the Lms forums with no response

(28-Oct-2019, 09:57 AM)anewmission Wrote: OK sure. I will definitely let you know
Probably not the right place to ask this, but what is a good app(android) to take full advantage of the logitech media server plugins?
What plugins are you using? I'm using Squeezer, but that may or may not work with your plugins.

A better option might be using the material skin (Refer here). This mobile skin might offer everything you need?

(28-Oct-2019, 10:22 AM)agent_kith Wrote:
(28-Oct-2019, 09:57 AM)anewmission Wrote: OK sure. I will definitely let you know
What plugins are you using? I'm using Squeezer, but that may or may not work with your plugins.

A better option might be using the material skin (Refer here). This mobile skin might offer everything you need?

I second the Material skin! It does provide a lot more options for the player itself.

Unfortunately, I haven't found anything that is "mobile friendly" for the settings page in LMS. I use the C3PO plug for upsampling and it can be a real PITA to adjust and apply.

Edit: It seems I missed an update to Material and now it is definitely more user friendly in the settings menu. Still takes getting used to but at least I don't have to punch and unpinch my screen anymore Thumbs Up

(28-Oct-2019, 10:22 AM)agent_kith Wrote:

I would like to be able to use Spotify, tidal, multi room casting, there's a denon avr controller which I could make use of. Upnp Bridge, there seems to be so many plugins. The only two plugins that show up on queezer that I have installed are tidal and deezer.

I was also wondering, does snakeoil have a cd ripping ability?

(29-Oct-2019, 11:22 AM)anewmission Wrote: I would like to be able to use Spotify, tidal, multi room casting, there's a denon avr controller which I could make use of. Upnp Bridge, there seems to be so many plugins. The only two plugins that show up on queezer that I have installed are tidal and deezer.
The hooks are properly not done yet I guess. Havn't had a chance to look into this myself. In the future, these will be supported from within the WebApp. Just have to tick off the jobs one at a time I guess..

(29-Oct-2019, 11:22 AM)anewmission Wrote: I was also wondering, does snakeoil have a cd ripping ability?
Not yet. It's in the works, and will be one of the beta features to add once Isolation Gear is released.

(29-Oct-2019, 02:29 PM)agent_kith Wrote:
(29-Oct-2019, 11:22 AM)anewmission Wrote: I would like to be able to use Spotify, tidal, multi room casting, there's a denon avr controller which I could make use of. Upnp Bridge, there seems to be so many plugins. The only two plugins that show up on queezer that I have installed are tidal and deezer.
The hooks are properly not done yet I guess. Havn't had a chance to look into this myself. In the future, these will be supported from within the WebApp. Just have to tick off the jobs one at a time I guess..

(29-Oct-2019, 11:22 AM)anewmission Wrote: I was also wondering, does snakeoil have a cd ripping ability?
Not yet. It's in the works, and will be one of the beta features to add once Isolation Gear is released.

I wish I knew more about coding. I should probably start learning.
Daphile is open sourced I think? Could get the code from there for cd ripping

(29-Oct-2019, 02:35 PM)anewmission Wrote: I wish I knew more about coding. I should probably start learning.
Coding isn't the problem... Finding the time to sit down and code is the problem. Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes agent_kith's post:
  • hkphantomgtr

(29-Oct-2019, 04:25 PM)agent_kith Wrote:
(29-Oct-2019, 02:35 PM)anewmission Wrote: I wish I knew more about coding. I should probably start learning.
Coding isn't the problem... Finding the time to sit down and code is the problem. Big Grin
OK Ssd and psu arrived. How do I donate and get a activated version?