Topping d50?
I have been reading up on snakeoil os and would love to donate. Just wondering if the activated version will have drivers for my dac (topping D50)

I just loaded the livecd iso onto a USB stick to try and it doesn't seem to have drivers for my dac.
Trying daphile last night, it does have drivers for the topping d50, though I really want the minimserver integration. So I can select different renderers when I am in different rooms. Mainly kodi machines.. And have my snakeoil pc in the hifi room.

Any help or experience with this dac would be appreciated. Loving the work being done here

from this page...
https://www.soundphilereview.com/sources...eart-1976/
Quote: 
Inside the shell there are a XMOS XU208 USB controller that manages the connection to the PC and two ESS Sabre ES9038Q2M DACs

It is a standard XMOS receiver so should work ootb.
I have the DIYinHK xmos receiver and that works with Snakeoil.
https://www.diyinhk.com/shop/audio-kits/...f-pcb.html

What does the snakeoil player page report as the usb  when you add device..?
https://www.snakeoil-os.net/wiki/Configu...ic-players

(25-Oct-2019, 01:34 AM)Bromf Wrote: from this page...
https://www.soundphilereview.com/sources...eart-1976/
Quote: 
Inside the shell there are a XMOS XU208 USB controller that manages the connection to the PC and two ESS Sabre ES9038Q2M DACs

It is a standard XMOS receiver so should work ootb.
I have the DIYinHK xmos receiver and that works with Snakeoil.
https://www.diyinhk.com/shop/audio-kits/...f-pcb.html

What does the snakeoil player page report as the usb  when you add device..?
https://www.snakeoil-os.net/wiki/Configu...ic-players

It is showing as generic USB sound device. And only capable of playing at 44.1

and does it play ? is there output..?

That will be helpful to know... Smile

Also, take a screenshot of the players page if you can as a picture is literally worth a thousand words :).
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

(25-Oct-2019, 03:29 PM)agent_kith Wrote: Also, take a screenshot of the players page if you can as a picture is literally worth a thousand words Smile.

[Image: Screenshot-20191025-205747.jpg]

I'm actually not sure if it plays as it won't let me mount any drives without the activated version. Just thought I'd try out the live cd first

(25-Oct-2019, 10:18 PM)anewmission Wrote: [Image: Screenshot-20191025-205747.jpg]
I'm actually not sure if it plays as it won't let me mount any drives without the activated version. Just thought I'd try out the live cd first

First device (HDMI 0 at hw:0,3) is your video/audio output (HDMI). That is your graphics adapter. You can use that output device when using a DAC with HDMI input.

Your Topping is the second one (hw:1,0). Select that device when you want sound to come out of your topping. The fourth column is basically saying the current state of the device. Right now the device is set to 44.1 kHz. If you play other formats (e.g. 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 192 kHz, etc, or DSD), that column will change accordingly (needs a manual refresh).

(26-Oct-2019, 08:38 AM)agent_kith Wrote:
(25-Oct-2019, 10:18 PM)anewmission Wrote: [Image: Screenshot-20191025-205747.jpg]

First device (HDMI 0 at hw:0,3) is your video/audio output (HDMI). That is your graphics adapter. You can use that output device when using a DAC with HDMI input.

Your Topping is the second one (hw:1,0). Select that device when you want sound to come out of your topping. The fourth column is basically saying the current state of the device. Right now the device is set to 44.1 kHz. If you play other formats (e.g. 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 192 kHz, etc, or DSD), that column will change accordingly (needs a manual refresh).

OK cool thanks. How can I donate to get an activated version with minimserver?
[-] The following 1 user Likes anewmission's post:
  • Bromf

(26-Oct-2019, 10:51 AM)anewmission Wrote: OK cool thanks. How can I donate to get an activated version with minimserver?
Activation only makes it easier to install minimserver, you can actually install it manually by SSH into the machine right now if you know how. Once installed minimserver will appear automatically in the list.

If you want to help out the project, just click on "Support Us" in the web app, and choose either Patreon (Monthly $1) or Paypal (one time any sum)..

Cheap-trick: You can sign up to Patreon and get the code, and then cancel before the month is out to get the activation code for free Big Grin.

It's always my intention is to make Snakeoil free. Honestly didn't expect or want people to pay money for this. Easier for the taxman, and a lot more flexibility for me to work on this at my own comfortable pace.

TK is only one.... he makes and codes and supports us all..... Cool

We help where we can but the long road to each and everyone's  enjoyment of Snakeoil, new features, and new hardware is in your grasp....

Every little helps this small, humble, effort....

Support him as he is fantastic, helpful, and above all... committed to best audio performance !

This is the only audio distro for X86/AMD64/Raspberry Pi  !!! that bubbles mostly under the radar.....
Post your wonderful experiences and give some love... Smile Smile