Trouble finding app for mpd and tidal playback
i absolutely love snakeoil, every little tinker makes it sound better

the problem i have is finding an app that will allow tidal playback and also my library
current setup is using minimserver with the upmpdcli and snakeoils latest version of mpd

the apps i have tried to use as remotes for both tidal and my library are
linn kazoo (see's minimserver library wont load tidal)
bubbleupnp (minimserver library works great, tidal keeps coming up with authentication error)
lumin (seems like they removed tidal)
ak connect (works with both, but does not save player and renderer... family cannot use)
mconnect (doesnt work)
project audio's app (in theory has everything i want, library, tidal and spotify... tidal wont work)
m.a.l.p (only my mpd library)

and possibly a dozen more.

i see in the snakeoil wiki that you can add tidal to mpd somehow? its very confusing and i am not sure where to add it.

any help would be appreciated, as i dont think its worth paying for tidal if i cant get it to work on my system
i have been thinking about getting a chromecast audio from ebay and just using that for tidal but i would prefer everything on one system.

thankyou

Would help to know the errors shown when you try those options. Wink

Qualifier=I do not use Tidal.
Quote:bubbleupnp (minimserver library works great, tidal keeps coming up with authentication error)
I recall seeing this elsewhere and the fix was to reset the Tidal password and re-enter the credentials.  There was a note also to match used rate to Tidal rate for your account.

Ymmv.

(04-Jan-2020, 01:33 AM)Bromf Wrote: Would help to know the errors shown when you try those options. Wink

Qualifier=I do not use Tidal.
Quote:bubbleupnp (minimserver library works great, tidal keeps coming up with authentication error)
I recall seeing this elsewhere and the fix was to reset the Tidal password and re-enter the credentials.  There was a note also to match used rate to Tidal rate for your account.

Ymmv.

i did try changing the password, still no luck with bubbleupnp

i really wish i knew how to make apps, i would make one for all of snakeoils features and options.

(04-Jan-2020, 06:21 PM)anewmission Wrote: i did try changing the password, still no luck with bubbleupnp

i really wish i knew how to make apps, i would make one for all of snakeoils features and options.

Maybe try rolling back to 1.1.7. I was having trouble getting Bubbleupnp to work with 1.1.8.

This image was screenshot from the snakeoil wiki.
It is abit confusing on how to implement it.
I'm guessing it's because the mpd version is not been updated to this one
[Image: Screenshot-20200106-143248.jpg]

(06-Jan-2020, 10:30 AM)mkysimes Wrote: Maybe try rolling back to 1.1.7. I was having trouble getting Bubbleupnp to work with 1.1.8.
+1. I think bubbleupnp isn't updated enough to support the latest MPD.

Will update you guys once I've found some sanity (havn't slept much for the past 48 hours, and I havn't stop working since I landed)... I'm gonna put up individual MPDs as modules on the new file server we have. e.g. you can use MPD 0.20.16 (or whatever that comes in Snakeoil 1.1.17). When you updated to the latest Snakeoil firmware, the MPD module you installed will be preserved. That way you can continue to use MPD, and BubbleUPNP, wihle not loosing out on new additions like RAM disk play.

(06-Jan-2020, 11:39 AM)anewmission Wrote: This image was screenshot from the snakeoil wiki.
Newer versions of MPD has deprecated Tidal support. Becoz Tidal have changed the protocol. Refer to the MPD changelog, and scroll down to see this:
- tidal: deprecated because Tidal has changed the protocol

This kind of means you cannot use MPD to directly play from Tidal now. Having said that, you can still use MPD as a renderer, and send it a Tidal content, that should still work in theory.
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!
[-] The following 1 user Likes agent_kith's post:
  • mkysimes

(06-Jan-2020, 02:41 PM)agent_kith Wrote:
(06-Jan-2020, 10:30 AM)mkysimes Wrote: Maybe try rolling back to 1.1.7. I was having trouble getting Bubbleupnp to work with 1.1.8.
+1. I think bubbleupnp isn't updated enough to support the latest MPD.

Will update you guys once I've found some sanity (havn't slept much for the past 48 hours, and I havn't stop working since I landed)... I'm gonna put up individual MPDs as modules on the new file server we have. e.g. you can use MPD 0.20.16 (or whatever that comes in Snakeoil 1.1.17). When you updated to the latest Snakeoil firmware, the MPD module you installed will be preserved. That way you can continue to use MPD, and BubbleUPNP, wihle not loosing out on new additions like RAM disk play.

(06-Jan-2020, 11:39 AM)anewmission Wrote: This image was screenshot from the snakeoil wiki.
Newer versions of MPD has deprecated Tidal support. Becoz Tidal have changed the protocol. Refer to the MPD changelog, and scroll down to see this:
- tidal: deprecated because Tidal has changed the protocol

This kind of means you cannot use MPD to directly play from Tidal now. Having said that, you can still use MPD as a renderer, and send it a Tidal content, that should still work in theory.

Yes I have been able to use the app AK connect to do this. Though AK connect seems really buggy. It doesn't save any preferences.

I just went through and deleted 10 or so apps from my phone that claimed they would work. Haha.
Oh well.

(06-Jan-2020, 02:48 PM)anewmission Wrote: Yes I have been able to use the app AK connect to do this. Though AK connect seems really buggy. It doesn't save any preferences.

I just went through and deleted 10 or so apps from my phone that claimed they would work. Haha.
Oh well.

Out of curiosity, were you able to get it to work with the newest Snakeoil (1.1.8)?

I do remember years ago doing the slog through several apps until I found the one that had all the options I wanted and settling on Bubbleupnp only to find it was only streaming mp3 to Snakeoil. One thing I can say is after following this thread it reinvigorated my search for an app that would stream FLAC to Snakeoil and mconnect does just that! Holy Grail right? Not so fast....

If you ever need any proof of a God out there with a sense of humor, well, here it is. After quite some time spent on forums and eventually giving up I finally found the ability to stream Tidal in all it's FLACness to Snakeoil using MPD and after being all excited I finally got a chance to critically listen yesterday! Very smooth, very detailed! BUT, for some reason mconnect skews the image to the left and it's driving me nuts! Lol! I guess the Big Guy upstairs wants me to spend more time with the family....lol! Holy Grail denied!

(07-Jan-2020, 06:49 AM)mkysimes Wrote:
(06-Jan-2020, 02:48 PM)anewmission Wrote: Yes I have been able to use the app AK connect to do this. Though AK connect seems really buggy. It doesn't save any preferences.

Oh well.

Out of curiosity, were you able to get it to work with the newest Snakeoil (1.1.8)?

I do remember years ago doing the slog through several apps until I found the one that had all the options I wanted and settling on Bubbleupnp only to find it was only streaming mp3 to Snakeoil. One thing I can say is after following this thread it reinvigorated my search for an app that would stream FLAC to Snakeoil and mconnect does just that! Holy Grail right? Not so fast....

If you ever need any proof of a God out there with a sense of humor, well, here it is. After quite some time spent on forums and eventually giving up I finally found the ability to stream Tidal in all it's FLACness to Snakeoil using MPD and after being all excited I finally got a chance to critically listen yesterday! Very smooth, very detailed! BUT, for some reason mconnect skews the image to the left and it's driving me nuts! Lol! I guess the Big Guy upstairs wants me to spend more time with the family....lol! Holy Grail denied!

Ahh it seems to be the only currently working solution! Awesome, thanks for that.
I think I'll buy the full non advertisement version after I've used it for a few days to make sure it doesn't bug out on me

So there you go people, if using an android phone and wanting to use mpd and tidal in the same app I guess mconnect is the only one currently able to do the heavy lifting.

BubbleUPnP seems to work on my ipad but you are right, the quality of tidal is much better through mconnect.
[-] The following 1 user Likes anewmission's post:
  • patricia1066