Using Snakeoil on a Minnowboard TurboT
(10-Jul-2018, 01:12 PM)Mivera Wrote: Any progress on an EFI bootable image/
No progress so far. Can't really work this out without the hardware. Do you mind loaning a unit to me?
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

(10-Jul-2018, 07:05 PM)agent_kith Wrote:
(10-Jul-2018, 01:12 PM)Mivera Wrote: Any progress on an EFI bootable image/
No progress so far. Can't really work this out without the hardware. Do you mind loaning a unit to me? 
Now that we know the problem is it needs to be EFI bootable, I'm pretty sure if you just made an EFI bootable image it will work. Don't you have any computers that have an EFI boot option?

(25-Jul-2018, 10:29 AM)Mivera Wrote: Now that we know the problem is it needs to be EFI bootable, I'm pretty sure if you just made an EFI bootable image it will work. Don't you have any computers that have an EFI boot option? 
The problem is not it needs to be EFI bootable, the ISO already have a EFI partition. The problem is to get the ISO to boot up in your EFI computer.

I have 2 computers that I can switch to EFI mode. And I can also do this in a virtual environment as well. They all work with the 1.0.0 ISO. And the same system is now being used to build all ISOs for now. So any future ISOs built now will work.

Having said that, the physical machines I am using are not the latest, and the VM is emulated. This is not a certainty it will work with everything else out there - esp newer machines that can only do EFI, or ones with DRM. Can't be certain without the hardware.

The existing info on the manual works. But maybe I have missed a step? Look in the Internet and there are ton of resources showing how to get a working USB stick. This example is for Windows, but it should still apply: https://www.top-password.com/blog/create...-10-setup/

Let me know how you go. Thumbs Up

(25-Jul-2018, 12:21 PM)agent_kith Wrote:
(25-Jul-2018, 10:29 AM)Mivera Wrote: Now that we know the problem is it needs to be EFI bootable, I'm pretty sure if you just made an EFI bootable image it will work. Don't you have any computers that have an EFI boot option? 
The problem is not it needs to be EFI bootable, the ISO already have a EFI partition. The problem is to get the ISO to boot up in your EFI computer.

I have 2 computers that I can switch to EFI mode. And I can also do this in a virtual environment as well. They all work with the 1.0.0 ISO. And the same system is now being used to build all ISOs for now. So any future ISOs built now will work.

Having said that, the physical machines I am using are not the latest, and the VM is emulated. This is not a certainty it will work with everything else out there - esp newer machines that can only do EFI, or ones with DRM. Can't be certain without the hardware.

The existing info on the manual works. But maybe I have missed a step? Look in the Internet and there are ton of resources showing how to get a working USB stick. This example is for Windows, but it should still apply: https://www.top-password.com/blog/create...-10-setup/

Let me know how you go. Thumbs Up 

I have tried that many times. I'm able to get any other OS to boot fine with this board from USB or SD card. Another OS that boots fine is the latest Hqplayer NAA image here:

https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/naa/images/naa-355-x64.7z

I burn to SD card or USB stick with etcher:

https://etcher.io/

Pop it in and it just works. Maybe if you check what is done with that image you can find a way to just make it work.

(25-Jul-2018, 02:12 PM)Mivera Wrote: I have tried that many times. I'm able to get any other OS to boot fine with this board from USB or SD card. Another OS that boots fine is the latest Hqplayer NAA image here:

https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/naa/images/naa-355-x64.7z

I burn to SD card or USB stick with etcher:

https://etcher.io/

Pop it in and it just works. Maybe if you check what is done with that image you can find a way to just make it work. 
I'd see what I can do.. Thumbs Up

Well, that's embarrassing.. Just tried the 1.1.0 and what do you know? It doesn't boot. My bad Mivera... Not entirely sure what happened, but will fix this for 1.1.0 release.

(25-Jul-2018, 06:09 PM)agent_kith Wrote: Well, that's embarrassing.. Just tried the 1.1.0 and what do you know? It doesn't boot. My bad Mivera... Not entirely sure what happened, but will fix this for 1.1.0 release.

Sounds good. Let me know!

(26-Jul-2018, 06:27 AM)Mivera Wrote: Sounds good. Let me know! 
Hi Mivera,

Check your PM. Found and fixed the issue.. When moving to automated builds, the new machine are missing some EFI files... This is fixed and its' back working with the computers that I have (no guarantee it'd work for this board though).

But let me know how that ISO goes.

Edit: Make sure you disable secure EFI if your motherboard suppors it. Pretty sure this ISO will not work in a secure EFI environment.

(26-Jul-2018, 01:15 PM)agent_kith Wrote:
(26-Jul-2018, 06:27 AM)Mivera Wrote: Sounds good. Let me know! 
Hi Mivera,

Check your PM. Found and fixed the issue.. When moving to automated builds, the new machine are missing some EFI files... This is fixed and its' back working with the computers that I have (no guarantee it'd work for this board though).

But let me know how that ISO goes.

Edit: Make sure you disable secure EFI if your motherboard suppors it. Pretty sure this ISO will not work in a secure EFI environment. 
Thanks a lot! I'll let you know if it works!

Tried it and still won't boot. However I didn't update the kernel because I can't browse into the files with either my Windows or Mac computers.