Very happy to have Sankeoil......! mpd with SACD ISO and DVD-A ISO working
First some general remarks; As I have continued to use snakeoil os, I begin to appreciate the amount of work gone into the flexibility and options that is offered.  I sincerely thank you for making this available to people who have just enough patience to see what tweaking can do.  Please do not change this approach.

That alone should be enough ...but no.  The sound quality is quite awesome.  I am running my own build mpd (see later) through a Topping D10s DAC optical through my Integra receiver.  I have tried Kodi (which comes close), Libreelec, Volumio, Daphile, Roon, Audnirvana, HQPlayer (a white elephant) and others.  The sheer functionality Snakeoil OS has is breathtaking.

And the interfachere is just so much to love Snakeoil for.  Because of that ...............

1. Now what makes me happy = MPD with proper SACD ISO and DVD-A ISO support that I was able to compile and install on Snakeoil.  It will open and play my ISOs without converting etc, and that is big jump. It would not have been possible without your approach to the headless server.  
2. Anyone who knows MPD and the SACD ISO saga know that the source code is a muddy mess.  And it took all my patience to fix and find code solutions.  And I am happy to have my ISOs just show up and play, without parsing out the files singly and then re-dumping them in my music folder.
3.  Of course, my receiver only takes native DSD via HDMI.  I learned from AKith that no computer will do DSD over HDMI and that I researched extensively on DSD and its output and was disappointed it to find it true. But the Topping DAC clearly shows the DSD playing and I can ouput via analog. 

Now the holy grail is to get someway to send native DSD over HDMI to my receiver............... [Image: angel1.gif]

So again thanks Agent Kith and company.......!!
[-] The following 2 users Like pathetic's post:
  • hkphantomgtr, Snoopy8

Yes the HDMI and I2S and DSD interfaces are such a mire when trying to forward in real time ...
the hifimediy device allows decoding...
https://hifimediy.com/product/hifime-uh1...ce-no-dac/
or what does this do ??
https://hifimediy.com/product/hifimediy-...interface/

I favour converting DSD to PCM either on the fly but mostly through conversion using software like...
https://www.tascam.eu/en/hr-editor
https://teac.jp/int/product/teac_hi-res_editor/feature
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bromf's post:
  • pathetic

(04-Feb-2022, 08:45 AM)pathetic Wrote: 3.  Of course, my receiver only takes native DSD via HDMI.  I learned from AKith that no computer will do DSD over HDMI and that I researched extensively on DSD and its output and was disappointed it to find it true. But the Topping DAC clearly shows the DSD playing and I can ouput via analog. 

Now the holy grail is to get someway to send native DSD over HDMI to my receiver............... [Image: angel1.gif]
That's not quite true. I may have forgotten to mention this previously.

The only company that I'm aware of that does this is Pink Faun. This should work with ISOs with content protection stripped. But it's not something I have experience with as I don't have this card.
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!
[-] The following 1 user Likes agent_kith's post:
  • pathetic