Which squeezelite player
I have a question.

Why are not the latest LMS and squeezelite on the OS? LMS I did update. But do not know how to get the latest squeezelite.

For example squeezelite Ralph works not so good as squeezelite R2. On Ralph a lot of radio streams do not work. 
But the R2 is old software but works better (last update 2017)

Agent Kith has very limited resources and time...

Which flavour and version of Squeezelite do you have in mind? I can add that to the list.

To be honest I still keep to a old version of Squeezelite. As I like to apply as little change as possible. The older squeezelites sound really good. As in world class quality good. Which is why I am hesitate to change it.

Obviously a lot of that fidelity will be lost when you're listening to radio. In that case you'll need to use newer version I guess.
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

For some reason, Squeezelite R2 is occasionally stuttering, hanging, at one stage at 100% CPU.  Switched to Ralph with no problems.  LMS, Squeezelite not my main player, so not sure when this problem started?  Guessing it could be LMS version related because LMS has been updated.

SO 1.2.13  on Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS on Intel NUC
Logitech Media Server Version: 8.3.1

Not urgent to fix, posted this to alert others...

FWIW, I've been using the oldest version of Squeezelite, but have R2 running in a couple of places - desktop and headphones, RPi 4 and RPi 3, SO 1.3 and 1.2.x - and really like it. Sorry for the terminology, but R2 is sounding to my ears less valvey and perhaps has more rhythmic drive. The jury is still out.

I've had no problems with running R2 (so far).

I had it on my list to ask @agent_kith to make more versions of Squeezelite available after 1.3.0 is out the door.
[-] The following 1 user Likes uglymusic's post:
  • Snoopy8

Bookmarks

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is your favourite player under Snakeoil? koko6969koki 12 3,852 26-Jan-2023, 08:25 AM
Last Post: agent_kith
  More upsampling antics......This time with SqueezeLite mkysimes 6 2,355 05-May-2020, 07:35 PM
Last Post: mkysimes