Help  Search  Portal
 Portal  Search
Hello There, Guest!  Register  Login

Wireless connection

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I want to try Snakeoil OS with my Raspberry Pi 3B+ via the wireless connection. Unfortunately, as far as I know wifi is not supported out of the box. Is there any version allowing that feature?
(15-Jun-2020, 02:24 AM) jsp Wrote: I want to try Snakeoil OS with my Raspberry Pi 3B+ via the wireless connection. Unfortunately, as far as I know wifi is not supported out of the box. Is there any version allowing that feature?

Raspberry Pi is a bit different. It does work as the kernel and OS has all the drivers and utilities to make this happen. Just follow the Raspberry Pi docs on how to setup a Wifi connection, and it will be good to go.

Bear in mind though audio quality is going to suffer, but if you're only after something quick and easy, it'll work just fine.
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!
Unfortunately I did not succeed. Can you please consider providing snakeoil os iso with preconfigured wifi? Thanks.
(23-Jun-2020, 12:01 AM) jsp Wrote: Unfortunately I did not succeed. Can you please consider providing snakeoil os iso with preconfigured wifi? Thanks.

Yes. A future version will allow you to configure WiFi settings directly.
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!