Help  Search  Portal
 Portal  Search
Hello There, Mystery Audiophile!  Register  Login

configuration file

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Lightbulb 
Would it be possible to have some kind of a configuration file available in the ISO that can be adapted to set a.o.:
- mount point / path to NAS
- ALSA Device
- Software player
- Name / email / activationcode
- fixed IP adres

That way the persistant partition wouldn't ben needed anymore.
Moved this to the issue tracking section. I think it can be done.. Will look into getting this (+ easy persistent setup) for the next release.

I believe you'd still need persistent storage regardless (even if it's on a RAM disk that will have it's contents lost on reboot). Many software will require a space to write to (e.g. for writing databases), so without a scratch drive the software can become unpredictable (and perhaps even unstable).
Follow The Music, Follow Snakeoil.
[-] The following 1 user Likes agent_kith's post:
  • Leonard
(06-Jun-2016, 09:57 AM) agent_kith Wrote: Moved this to the issue tracking section. I think it can be done.. Will look into getting this (+ easy persistent setup) for the next release.

Great! As I am booting via PXE, and don't know how to create a writable file/partition on my Synology NAS yet, this is on top of my wishlist!
Thanks considering this feature [Image: smile.png]

(06-Jun-2016, 09:57 AM) agent_kith Wrote: I believe you'd still need persistent storage regardless (even if it's on a RAM disk that will have it's contents lost on reboot). Many software will require a space to write to (e.g. for writing databases), so without a scratch drive the software can become unpredictable (and perhaps even unstable).

As long as the system can do this by creating a temporary RAM disk itself this wouldn't be a problem right?
Hi Agent Kith,
Any news on this topic? [Image: smile.png]
Not yet, I'm away at the moment and don't have access to the development machines. Will look into this proper next month when I'm back, apologies.Smile
Follow The Music, Follow Snakeoil.