Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: v0.1.5-pre-release-20161216
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(01-Jan-2017, 05:51 AM)Bromf Wrote: [ -> ]Tried these but no result.

Strange thing is the link light (orange) is lit and the router recognises the connection.
Unfortunately the OS does not find eth0 and the activity light (green) is unlit.

I have tried several usb>eth devices but none of these are recognised.
Being a Thin-client the Nic is integral.... Sad  so can't try another.

Might just load Daphile on it as a 'player only' which can be controlled by Snakeoil LMS from another device.
Time to search for a Thinclient that has a supported chipset ootb.... Wink  I have other desktops and laptops that would work but I'm looking for the lowest resource usage and running from flash rather than disk.
The problem is the chip, not snakeoil os. Try another notebook, best if u can pick one with an Intel NIC. Thumbs Up
I tried ISO 0.1.5 x86_64 Beta for 64 Bit without success. Kept saying "regrub.....". Now downloading 32bit for a trail.
Has anyone actually got the 64bit version to boot? I used win32diskimage to write iso into thumb-drive.
(11-Jan-2017, 12:59 PM)Chanh Wrote: [ -> ]I tried ISO 0.1.5 x86_64 Beta for 64 Bit without success. Kept saying "regrub.....". Now downloading 32bit for a trail.
Has anyone actually got the 64bit version to boot? I used win32diskimage to write iso into thumb-drive.
Update: ISO for i686 appeared to install fine. After the installation, it boot fine and appears running ok via monitor. However, I am unable to get it working via web-interface. Checking the ip via Fing on iPhone does not see the snakeoil machine. I think, I am too having the network card issue. Same machine, Volumio and Dalphile were working flawlessly. FYI - older version, 0.1.4 ISO, worked fine without issue.
(11-Jan-2017, 02:38 PM)Chanh Wrote: [ -> ]Update: ISO for i686 appeared to install fine. After the installation, it boot fine and appears running ok via monitor. However, I am unable to get it working via web-interface. Checking the ip via Fing on iPhone does not see the snakeoil machine. I think, I am too having the network card issue. Same machine, Volumio and Dalphile were working flawlessly. FYI - older version, 0.1.4 ISO, worked fine without issue.
Think. Not entirely sure what is wrong, hopefully can look into this later this weekend. Will keep you guys updated.
(11-Jan-2017, 07:46 PM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-Jan-2017, 02:38 PM)Chanh Wrote: [ -> ]Update: ISO for i686 appeared to install fine. After the installation, it boot fine and appears running ok via monitor. However, I am unable to get it working via web-interface. Checking the ip via Fing on iPhone does not see the snakeoil machine. I think, I am too having the network card issue. Same machine, Volumio and Dalphile were working flawlessly. FYI - older version, 0.1.4 ISO, worked fine without issue.
Think. Not entirely sure what is wrong, hopefully can look into this later this weekend. Will keep you guys updated.
Much appreciated mate. Thumbs Up
Pages: 1 2 3