Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: 2 easy additions ... maybe lol
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
1) Wink  This one should be easy as.... power management via the power button. An option (opt in) that would invoke a clean shutdown if the power button is pressed. (usual x86_amd64 behaviour options)
At the end of a listening, late night, just hit the button and slope off to bed... Big Grin

2) and the next morning...... Wink ... AutoResume !   power up and the player starts up where it left off when last shut down..!
(19-Jan-2017, 04:10 PM)Bromf Wrote: [ -> ]1) Wink  This one should be easy as.... power management via the power button. An option (opt in) that would invoke a clean shutdown if the power button is pressed. (usual x86_amd64 behaviour options)
At the end of a listening, late night, just hit the button and slope off to bed... Big Grin
This should work? If you enable ACPI in the BIOS that is. Unless you turn this option off in one of the Snakeoil settings (kernel boot up if not wrong).

(19-Jan-2017, 04:10 PM)Bromf Wrote: [ -> ]2) and the next morning...... Wink ... AutoResume !   power up and the player starts up where it left off when last shut down..!
This is configurable I believe in players like Squeezelite. Not sure if MPD support this feature though. What player are you using?
(19-Jan-2017, 06:01 PM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-Jan-2017, 04:10 PM)Bromf Wrote: [ -> ]1) Wink  This one should be easy as.... power management via the power button. An option (opt in) that would invoke a clean shutdown if the power button is pressed. (usual x86_amd64 behaviour options)
This should work? If you enable ACPI in the BIOS that is. Unless you turn this option off in one of the Snakeoil settings (kernel boot up if not wrong).
(19-Jan-2017, 04:10 PM)Bromf Wrote: [ -> ]2) and the next morning...... Wink ... AutoResume !   power up and the player starts up where it left off when last shut down..!
This is configurable I believe in players like Squeezelite. Not sure if MPD support this feature though. What player are you using?

Using Squeezelite but unless I've missed something this currently cannot be configured...?
eg) From cold boot, power on, I have to access the Snakeoil web page in order to start Logitech Media Server Web Client for the web remote control. (and that precludes even testing the power options available in LMS )

What I am suggesting is a start-up option that autostarts the controller so that it's resume on boot settings would work .  Power on =>boot=>start LMS=> play starts where it was stopped when device powered down last.   A one button, walk away ,option.
(20-Jan-2017, 05:49 AM)Bromf Wrote: [ -> ]Using Squeezelite but unless I've missed something this currently cannot be configured...?
eg) From cold boot, power on, I have to access the Snakeoil web page in order to start Logitech Media Server Web Client for the web remote control. (and that precludes even testing the power options available in LMS )

What I am suggesting is a start-up option that autostarts the controller so that it's resume on boot settings would work .  Power on =>boot=>start LMS=> play starts where it was stopped when device powered down last.   A one button, walk away ,option.

Go into your LMS web application, click on the Settings button located in the lower right corner.

[Image: native_01_settings.png]
Then click on the "Player" tab. Select the player you want to modify, and then adjust this setting:
[Image: lms_player_audio_on_resume.png]
Remember to click on the "Apply" button at the lower right corner to save your changes. And this should work.

(20-Jan-2017, 06:00 PM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-Jan-2017, 05:49 AM)Bromf Wrote: [ -> ]Using Squeezelite but unless I've missed something this currently cannot be configured...?

Go into your LMS web application, click on the Settings button located in the lower right corner.

[Image: native_01_settings.png]
Then click on the "Player" tab. Select the player you want to modify, and then adjust this setting:
[Image: lms_player_audio_on_resume.png]
Remember to click on the "Apply" button at the lower right corner to save your changes. And this should work.

Yes I have that covered. But it is of no use unless I can have LMS start at boot.  How ?   

Currently I have to load Snakeoil webpage then select the LMS control from the software page.
I am suggesting a One Button approach...Turn on the computer and have it boot Snakeoil then Auto-Start LMS which "should" resume as per your screen-grab.
How to have LMS start automatically  ??
(21-Jan-2017, 12:26 PM)Bromf Wrote: [ -> ]How to have LMS start automatically  ??
LMS is included in Snakeoil and it is started together with Squeezelite by default (unless you configure Snakeoil as a Squezeelite only client).

Are you using the LMS installed on the Snakeoil machine or do you have another LMS running on your network?

Please check and let me know how many LMS you have running in your network. If you only have one LMS running and it's running on the Snakeoil machine then this suggest there is a race condition in the startup sequence. Or this feature is currently broken in the LMS version that's included with Snakeoil

Can you go into your LMS, and tell the version you're using? And also the Snakeoil version as well?
(22-Jan-2017, 07:29 AM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-Jan-2017, 12:26 PM)Bromf Wrote: [ -> ]How to have LMS start automatically  ??
LMS is included in Snakeoil and it is started together with Squeezelite by default (unless you configure Snakeoil as a Squezeelite only client).

Are you using the LMS installed on the Snakeoil machine or do you have another LMS running on your network?

Please check and let me know how many LMS you have running in your network. If you only have one LMS running and it's running on the Snakeoil machine then this suggest there is a race condition in the startup sequence. Or this feature is currently broken in the LMS version that's included with Snakeoil

Can you go into your LMS, and tell the version you're using? And also the Snakeoil version as well?
Using the LMS installed on the Snakeoil machine.
Snakeoil = 0.1.5-beta-20161219
Kernel = 4.4.9-rt17-x64-snakeoil-2
Squeezelite = Ralp-irving-git
LMS = 7.9.0 - 1475786002 @ Sat Oct 15 04:19:48 UTC 2016

Just to be clear I am wanting the radio stream to restart on boot. Yes LMS is starting with Snakeoil but no matter what setting I select in LMS the stream won't restart automatically. The station shows as selected in the playlist but I have to open the LMS web page and start it playing manually.
I know that what I am expecting is normal as Daphile does it and that is using LMS.
I'd have to get back to you on that. Have to wait till I get my computer PSU back so I can try this.

I'd let you know once I can verify this on my side. This resume on play feature works in my setup so I know it works. Just not sure why it didn't on your side.

Until I get it back, can you try: 
  1. In the webapp, go to the software page, select squeezelite 1.6.4-test. Click on "Save". Did the music start playing immediately?
  2. play a local file (WAV, FLAC, DSD etc). Then shutdown the computer, and turn it on again. Did that play automatically?
(22-Jan-2017, 08:53 AM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]I'd have to get back to you on that. Have to wait till I get my computer PSU back so I can try this.

I'd let you know once I can verify this on my side. This resume on play feature works in my setup so I know it works. Just not sure why it didn't on your side.

Until I get it back, can you try: 
  1. In the webapp, go to the software page, select squeezelite 1.6.4-test. Click on "Save". Did the music start playing immediately?
  2. play a local file (WAV, FLAC, DSD etc). Then shutdown the computer, and turn it on again. Did that play automatically?

1) = No.
2) = No.
Tried several settings in LMS. Your recommended one from the screen grab and the one Daphile uses...Stop at power off/Restart song at power on.
No joy from any
(22-Jan-2017, 10:02 AM)Bromf Wrote: [ -> ]1) = No.
2) = No.
Tried several settings in LMS. Your recommended one from the screen grab and the one Daphile uses...Stop at power off/Restart song at power on.
No joy from any
Think I'd looking it this and get back to you.
Pages: 1 2 3