Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: Tidal App for Snakeoil
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(19-Oct-2017, 11:35 PM)alicenir Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-Oct-2017, 08:51 AM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]Problem with Tidal is there's no Linux builds for it though. Running it under a Windows emulator is one of the ways to do it, but the abstraction of emulation will negate any benefits. Emulation tends to have very bad CPU latency.

A second way is to run Tidal in Chrome browser. 

The best approach is to push Tidal to build and release a Linux version. Once they have released it, Snakeoil OS can run it.
i think you can use the Logitech Squeeze App portal to add it, i saw it in Daphile and it was working with my account.
just to make things clear, i use Roon core with SnakeOil and my tidal is inside.

nir 

The only drawback with using Tidal through LMS is no MQA first unfold. You need the Tidal App for that. Maybe one day they'll release a Linux App but I'm not holding my breath.
(23-Oct-2017, 06:54 AM)a.dent Wrote: [ -> ]The only drawback with using Tidal through LMS is no MQA first unfold. You need the Tidal App for that. Maybe one day they'll release a Linux App but I'm not holding my breath.
This should be true with umpdnpcli too - no direct MQA support. However, I wonder if one has a MQA DAC, then this will not be an issue?

Once Snakeoil 1.0.6 is out of the way, I'd look at the possibility of running Windows Tidal App under wine. Wonder if running this will be too much for lower power Celerons/Atoms CPUs - folks may need to use more powerful computers Big Grin ...
(23-Oct-2017, 07:38 AM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]This should be true with umpdnpcli too - no direct MQA support. However, I wonder if one has a MQA DAC, then this will not be an issue?

For sure, MQA dac are not so many...  The possibility to have upmpdcli in SnakeoilOS native install would open a lot of possibilities with upnp capabilities
Pages: 1 2