Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: Tidal App for Snakeoil
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Heading says it all really. It would be great to be able to Play Tidal MQA files through Snakeoil. Unfortunately the App is only available in OSX and Windows versions.

I know I'm dreaming but........
(17-Feb-2017, 08:28 AM)a.dent Wrote: [ -> ]The Heading says it all really. It would be great to be able to Play Tidal MQA files through Snakeoil. Unfortunately the App is only available in OSX and Windows versions.

I wonder if LMS works (ickStream)? I seem to recall actually seeing a Tidal plugin in LMS - will have to double check when I get back home.

Do you have a MQA certified DAC?
(17-Feb-2017, 10:03 AM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-Feb-2017, 08:28 AM)a.dent Wrote: [ -> ]The Heading says it all really. It would be great to be able to Play Tidal MQA files through Snakeoil. Unfortunately the App is only available in OSX and Windows versions.

I wonder if LMS works (ickStream)? I seem to recall actually seeing a Tidal plugin in LMS - will have to double check when I get back home.

Do you have a MQA certified DAC?

Tidal works fine on LMS and Roon but it doesn't do any decoding. You only get 44.1/24 or 48/24 output. Software decode in the Tidal App takes it to 88.2/24 or 96/24. Unfortunately it seems the Tidal App is only available for Windows and Mac
(17-Feb-2017, 07:04 PM)a.dent Wrote: [ -> ]Tidal works fine on LMS and Roon but it doesn't do any decoding. You only get 44.1/24 or 48/24 output. Software decode in the Tidal App takes it to 88.2/24 or 96/24. Unfortunately it seems the Tidal App is only available for Windows and Mac
Ah. I recall reading something like that before. There is one way to do this in Linux, using a program call Wine (Link). It should still go through the ALSA audio sound system - that in theory should be a good thing.

The only issue is the computer you're using - NF9C if not wrong? Not entirely sure if it has enough grunt to do this. Think Regardless I will be able to setup a test rig in the next few days. I'd try this first and get back to you how I go. Thumbs Up
I mentioned it more as a dream than a request but if it can be done it would be great.
Hi,

my first post here.
another reason to have Tidal plugin is for those who dont have Roon account and want to use only Tidal

Nir
(18-Oct-2017, 10:53 PM)alicenir Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

my first post here.
another reason to have Tidal plugin is for those who dont have Roon account and want to use only Tidal

Nir

Problem with Tidal is there's no Linux builds for it though. Running it under a Windows emulator is one of the ways to do it, but the abstraction of emulation will negate any benefits. Emulation tends to have very bad CPU latency.

A second way is to run Tidal in Chrome browser. 

The best approach is to push Tidal to build and release a Linux version. Once they have released it, Snakeoil OS can run it.
upmpdcli.......

https://www.lesbonscomptes.com/upmpdcli/
http://forums.naimaudio.com/topic/tidal-and-upmpdcli

Biff   Client 123 (or whatever it calls itself..) and include a proper mpd client and upmpdcli runs Tidal....
(19-Oct-2017, 01:24 PM)Bromf Wrote: [ -> ]upmpdcli.......

https://www.lesbonscomptes.com/upmpdcli/
http://forums.naimaudio.com/topic/tidal-and-upmpdcli

Biff   Client 123 (or whatever it calls itself..) and include a proper mpd client and upmpdcli runs Tidal....
That's good outside the box thinking!
  [Image: love.gif]

If I can get this working, it'd be supported in 1.0.6.  Thumbs Up
(19-Oct-2017, 08:51 AM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]Problem with Tidal is there's no Linux builds for it though. Running it under a Windows emulator is one of the ways to do it, but the abstraction of emulation will negate any benefits. Emulation tends to have very bad CPU latency.

A second way is to run Tidal in Chrome browser. 

The best approach is to push Tidal to build and release a Linux version. Once they have released it, Snakeoil OS can run it.
i think you can use the Logitech Squeeze App portal to add it, i saw it in Daphile and it was working with my account.
just to make things clear, i use Roon core with SnakeOil and my tidal is inside.

nir
Pages: 1 2