Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: Request For Comments: Snakeoil 1.0.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(13-May-2017, 05:21 AM)rocl444 Wrote: [ -> ]looks really flash!
Almost there now. Getting the players to start/stop is more challenging and difficult than anticipated.

[Image: bsod.gif]

Hopefully can design a good implemention. And when that is done - it's beta time!
In the Music Files page is there a way of automatically detecting and mounting the attached drive without going through all these steps? I'm thinking of Daphile here, that automatically detects a drive, mounts it and scans the new music. The same goes for detecting and mounting USB DACs.
Sorry this frustrating Windows computer I use at work won't let me do a partial screen shot properly.

[Image: Untitled_2.jpg]

upload images
(16-May-2017, 02:00 PM)a.dent Wrote: [ -> ]In the Music Files page is there a way of automatically detecting and mounting the attached drive without going through all these steps? I'm thinking of Daphile here, that automatically detects a drive, mounts it and scans the new music. The same goes for detecting and mounting USB DACs.
Sorry this frustrating Windows computer I use at work won't let me do a partial screen shot properly.
That is the plan - a setup wizard.

Somewhere above the screenshot you captured, you would see a button that says /dev/sdc1. Like wise when you select players you would see buttons that say Add Device: xx,yy. The plan is to have the wizard setup some basic stuffs automatically (every detected storage devie), and the first audio device in a setup wizard.

Once I get the basics out of the way (for the beta release), this setup wizard will the next thing to do in my todo list.
Flat out busy for the entire week (since 13 May). Time literally flew by in a blur and didn't have time to do any development work at all.

The coming weekend is likely to be burned up as well with personal and work related commitments. Hopefully can find some time next week and get things rolling again :thanks: ...
First iteration of the Snakeoil Tab. This screen needs a tidy up as it looks pretty messy right now, but hey, that's a start!

We are 92% there.

[Image: love.gif]
[Image: ng_snakeoil.png]

First time setup wizard now finished. Getting real close to a beta release now.

[Image: ng_wizard.png]

UPDATE: Preview released. Go here to continue discussion.
Pages: 1 2 3 4