Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: REST server is not responding
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(25-Jul-2017, 09:56 PM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]That picture tells me the REST server is running fine (and havn't crashed). Likewise with the netstat screencap, telling me there is an established network connection.

Are the two screencaps taken when the server is down, or up? I need the netstat info, and the stderr, stdout when the server is down.

Do you have the following on your network:
  • have a DHCP server giving out dynamic IP addresses to your computers
  • Have firewall/IDS in the network (layer 3 and above
That screen shot was taken after the REST server communication problem occurred.
I am using DHCP and there is a firewall built in the router. 

Should I dump everything and startover from scratch and see if I get the same problem?
(26-Jul-2017, 10:16 AM)shashi Wrote: [ -> ]That screen shot was taken after the REST server communication problem occurred.

Should I dump everything and startover from scratch and see if I get the same problem?
The firewall on the router shouldn't be an issue. Can you boot from the USB, and run SnakeoilOS in LiveCD. Do you still have communication issues?

Your situation will require a team viewer session so I can better understand the problems. Do you have any experience using TeamViewer? (It's like remote desktop where I get to control your computer directly as you watch). If you're happy for a TeamViewer session I can arrange with you via personal message on how to set this up. Issue is with time zone, I'm at work now and will only be home approx 7 hours later from now (I'm on +8 UTC). What time suits you best?
(26-Jul-2017, 10:30 AM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
(26-Jul-2017, 10:16 AM)shashi Wrote: [ -> ]That screen shot was taken after the REST server communication problem occurred.

The firewall on the router shouldn't be an issue. Can you boot from the USB, and run SnakeoilOS in LiveCD. Do you still have communication issues?

Your situation will require a team viewer session so I can better understand the problems. Do you have any experience using TeamViewer? (It's like remote desktop where I get to control your computer directly as you watch). If you're happy for a TeamViewer session I can arrange with you via personal message on how to set this up. Issue is with time zone, I'm at work now and will only be home approx 7 hours later from now (I'm on +8 UTC). What time suits you best? 

I did not try LiveCD.
Let me get back to you after trying LiveCD. If the problems persist, we can do team viewer.
My timezone is -4 UTC.  So, we are exactly 12 hours apart. Anytime between 7-9AM (My time) or 7-11PM would be fine with me.
(26-Jul-2017, 08:08 PM)shashi Wrote: [ -> ]I did not try LiveCD.
Let me get back to you after trying LiveCD. If the problems persist, we can do team viewer.
My timezone is -4 UTC.  So, we are exactly 12 hours apart. Anytime between 7-9AM (My time) or 7-11PM would be fine with me.

Try the live CD first, and a re-install if you can. We'd do a Team Viewer session later in the week if those two options don't pan out. Thumbs Up
Pages: 1 2