Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: No IP while booting the system up. (Intel i210 Lan)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone!

I've recently installed Snakeoil OS 1.0.0 Golden Ears on my Supermicro X10SBA motherboard  with Intel i210 LAN onboard. But after booting the system up i don't receive any IP adress.

Any suggestions how to fix it? 

Thank you!

Sincerely, Andrew
(01-Aug-2017, 03:34 AM)andreys Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone!

I've recently installed Snakeoil OS 1.0.0 Golden Ears on my Supermicro X10SBA motherboard  with Intel i210 LAN onboard. But after booting the system up i don't receive any IP adress.

Thank you!

Sincerely, Andrew
The i210 requires a different network driver. I'd build a new kernel later today and point you to the direction to it. You need to copy this new kernel to the USB boot stick, and then re-install, or copy the file to the installed OS.

Will write out the proper steps later when I'm home.
(01-Aug-2017, 08:10 AM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-Aug-2017, 03:34 AM)andreys Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone!

Thank you!

Sincerely, Andrew
The i210 requires a different network driver. I'd build a new kernel later today and point you to the direction to it. You need to copy this new kernel to the USB boot stick, and then re-install, or copy the file to the installed OS.

Will write out the proper steps later when I'm home. 

Thank you!
(01-Aug-2017, 02:13 PM)andreys Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you!

If I'm not mistaken i210 uses igb driver. Refer to this thread on how to modify the USB stick with a new custom kernel. And let me know how it goes. Thumbs Up
(01-Aug-2017, 07:44 PM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]If I'm not mistaken i210 uses igb driver. Refer to this thread on how to modify the USB stick with a new custom kernel. And let me know how it goes. Thumbs Up 

Thank you! Now LAN works fine. Thumbs Up

[Image: 2017_08_01_22_26_19.png]

хранилище изображений