Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: Request for UEFI boot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(10-Aug-2017, 04:00 AM)zackthedog Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-Aug-2017, 02:15 PM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-Aug-2017, 01:48 PM)zackthedog Wrote: [ -> ]Now I can get to the opening menu but the Snakeoil Gui doesn't load when selected.
Try using VNC and connect to "snakeoil.local:1", did that work?   

I'll try that.  I also didn't try booting to the Live CD selection, so I'll try that too. :-)  Appreciate your help with this! 

No luck.  The machine doesn't show up on the network.  It "sees" the USB stick but no system is booting.
(10-Aug-2017, 01:41 PM)zackthedog Wrote: [ -> ]No luck.  The machine doesn't show up on the network.  It "sees" the USB stick but no system is booting.

Just so I understood the things that you have tried, you have:
  1. Created a USB stick based on the 64 bit edition of Snakeoil OS Golden Ears
  2. Copy the EFI folder from Ubuntu 16 Xenial into the USB stick
  3. Boot from this modified USB?
If that doesn't work. Boot into 16 xenial, and C&P the contents of the file /proc/modules here.
(10-Aug-2017, 01:50 PM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-Aug-2017, 01:41 PM)zackthedog Wrote: [ -> ]No luck.  The machine doesn't show up on the network.  It "sees" the USB stick but no system is booting.

Just so I understood the things that you have tried, you have:
  1. Created a USB stick based on the 64 bit edition of Snakeoil OS Golden Ears
  2. Copy the EFI folder from Ubuntu 16 Xenial into the USB stick
  3. Boot from this modified USB?
If that doesn't work. Boot into 16 xenial, and C&P the contents of the file /proc/modules here. 

Thanks.  Going away for two weeks, will continue exploring this when I get back.
Bumping an old thread. 1.2.0 now works on EFI computers. Problem solved! :)
Pages: 1 2