Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: Maybe off-topic. MPdroid client fails to connect to MPD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,
maybe i am a bit off-topic....
but this is very annoying....

I use :
- Intel Atom MB
- last snakeoil version 1.04
- everything stable and running
- using MPD 2.0

BUT
when i use my Android smartphone (Android ver. 7.1.1) using MPdroid or MALP as client both this App cannot connect to the MPD server........they wait forever for the connection.......
am i the only one with this issue?
again, i think it is not a snakeoil specific issue, but there is a way to fix it???
i have read on a forum that the etc/mpd.conf file should deleted. the system create a fresh one "forcing" to listen to the default 6600 port.

any suggestion warmly appreciated.

regards
traver02
(15-Sep-2017, 11:55 PM)traver02 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys,

I use :
- Intel Atom MB
- using MPD 2.0

BUT
when i use my Android smartphone (Android ver. 7.1.1) using MPdroid or MALP as client both this App cannot connect to the MPD server........they wait forever for the connection.......
again, i think it is not a snakeoil specific issue, but there is a way to fix it???
i have read on a forum that the etc/mpd.conf file should deleted. the system create a fresh one "forcing" to listen to the default 6600 port.

regards
traver02

All MPD versions are custom compiled, so there's no /etc/mpd.conf file on Snakeoil. The configuration file is actually generated every time when starting the MPD music server

I havn't tried this myself yet, but both MPdroid and MALP should work. Do you have any Android devices that's Android 6 or lower, see if they work better? 
Also, try the following steps to isolate where the problem is.

Test 1
  1. From your computer in the other room: Go to the Snakeoil WebApp, go to the "Music Player" page and click the "Client175" text.
  2. This should start up a new browser page running a Web based client
  3. Use the MPD web client for a bit and see if there are any connection issues
Test 2
  1. Go to the music room where the Snakeoil OS machine is
  2. With your mobile phone, start your browser (e.g. Chrome) and go to the Snakeoil WebApp. Go to the "Music Player" page and click the "Client175" link
  3. Use this client for a while and see if there are any connection issues
If both tests are ok then it means the problem could be something else. Making sure MPdroid or MALP is running, can you login to the Snakeoil OS machine, and run the following command:
PHP Code:
netstat -an|grep 6600 
Let me know the output of that.
(16-Sep-2017, 08:58 AM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-Sep-2017, 11:55 PM)traver02 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys,

I use :
- Intel Atom MB
- using MPD 2.0

BUT

regards
traver02

All MPD versions are custom compiled, so there's no /etc/mpd.conf file on Snakeoil. The configuration file is actually generated every time when starting the MPD music server

I havn't tried this myself yet, but both MPdroid and MALP should work. Do you have any Android devices that's Android 6 or lower, see if they work better? 
Also, try the following steps to isolate where the problem is.

Test 1
  1. From your computer in the other room: Go to the Snakeoil WebApp, go to the "Music Player" page and click the "Client175" text.
  2. This should start up a new browser page running a Web based client
  3. Use the MPD web client for a bit and see if there are any connection issues
Test 2
  1. Go to the music room where the Snakeoil OS machine is
  2. With your mobile phone, start your browser (e.g. Chrome) and go to the Snakeoil WebApp. Go to the "Music Player" page and click the "Client175" link
  3. Use this client for a while and see if there are any connection issues
If both tests are ok then it means the problem could be something else. Making sure MPdroid or MALP is running, can you login to the Snakeoil OS machine, and run the following command:
PHP Code:
netstat -an|grep 6600 
Let me know the output of that. 

Test 1. work fine . no problem

Test 2, after some "server unreachable" i have completely reconnected the internal Lan/wifi of my house.

Now i can run snakeoil-os and client175 from my smartphone
If i only use MPdroid it works!!!!

end of the issue

thanks