Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: Cannot upgrade firmware
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I installed the 1.0 version today, and then tried to upgrade. Snakeoil gives an error. 

[Image: N25wLn.jpg]
(03-Oct-2017, 06:15 PM)NoDisc Wrote: [ -> ]I installed the 1.0 version today, and then tried to upgrade. Snakeoil gives an error. 

Hmm. Huh Did the download fail midway? Check the checksums to double check they match.

Try and update from 1.0 to 1.0.1 and see if it works? Later this weekend I'd try and re-install 1.0.0 and update straight to 1.0.5 and see what happens.
(03-Oct-2017, 07:10 PM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-Oct-2017, 06:15 PM)NoDisc Wrote: [ -> ]I installed the 1.0 version today, and then tried to upgrade. Snakeoil gives an error. 

Hmm. Huh Did the download fail midway? Check the checksums to double check they match.

Try and update from 1.0 to 1.0.1 and see if it works? Later this weekend I'd try and re-install 1.0.0 and update straight to 1.0.5 and see what happens. 

Do you think it does not like Data coming from Chrome on Mac OS?

[Image: Zisw0N.jpg]

Would it be possible for you to provide the firmware in .ZIP format for downloading?  Perhaps my web browser is not downloading in Binary mode.

Okay, I downloaded it for a forth time, this time, using VPN in Perth, Australia, and It seemed to get the file intact.  Not sure about the issue, so it appears some data corruption was happening.  In any case, it worked this last time. 

Thumbs Up
(03-Oct-2017, 08:30 PM)NoDisc Wrote: [ -> ]Do you think it does not like Data coming from Chrome on Mac OS?
Nah, it's the Internet. Sometimes the connection gets cut off randomly (rare but possible). Hence I include the check sums in the download links. Now that you have this problem, think I'd add a feature to display the checksums as the user is upgrading. This should make it easier for people to verify the file they have downloaded.

When there is a problem, usually clearing the local cache will fix it. But it depends on the Internet Service Provider, e.g. if they have a proxy setup for Internet browsing, then it'd not work.

(03-Oct-2017, 08:30 PM)NoDisc Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, I downloaded it for a forth time, this time, using VPN in Perth, Australia, and It seemed to get the file intact.  Not sure about the issue, so it appears some data corruption was happening.  In any case, it worked this last time. 
Thumbs Up Glad you sort that out. This is something that's beyond my control unfortunately. Tongue