Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: MPD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure what I am doing wrong, but I can only seem to get MPD v 1.7 to work.  If I change to the V20 or the GIT version, the MPD Client (built in) will not see the music.  Changing back to the 17 version works fine.  

Using 17 version
[Image: Cx34Ez.jpg]

Using GIT or v20
[Image: HA16Xw.jpg]
Strange silence on this one?   Is it a known issue, or am I the only one having this issue?
(05-Oct-2017, 02:26 AM)NoDisc Wrote: [ -> ]Strange silence on this one?   Is it a known issue, or am I the only one having this issue?
My bad. Nothing strange about the silence, just that I'm busy at work in the past few weeks and don't have the time to check the forums or mails.

Every player is self contained (including different versions of MPD), the database for v17 will not work for v18/v19/v20 and so on. So for each version of MPD, you'd have to rescan the database again for the music to show up.
(05-Oct-2017, 07:44 AM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-Oct-2017, 02:26 AM)NoDisc Wrote: [ -> ]Strange silence on this one?   Is it a known issue, or am I the only one having this issue?
My bad. Nothing strange about the silence, just that I'm busy at work in the past few weeks and don't have the time to check the forums or mails.

Every player is self contained (including different versions of MPD), the database for v17 will not work for v18/v19/v20 and so on. So for each version of MPD, you'd have to rescan the database again for the music to show up. 

Rescan the database?
(05-Oct-2017, 03:48 PM)NoDisc Wrote: [ -> ]Rescan the database?
Follow the guide here.