Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: error when installing additional players
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've just installed snakeoil only for upmpdcli, hoping that I will be able to send music from my NAS to snakeoil over dlna, but I get this error when tryin to install it

Err:4 http://sk.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-backports InRelease
  Temporary failure resolving 'sk.archive.ubuntu.com'

to be honest, I'm not able to install any of additional players due to that error... Not sure if its really temporary, or links are broken for good

thanks in advance
-m
(05-Dec-2017, 06:18 AM)micindev Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I've just installed snakeoil only for upmpdcli, hoping that I will be able to send music from my NAS to snakeoil over dlna, but I get this error when tryin to install it

Err:4 http://sk.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-backports InRelease
  Temporary failure resolving 'sk.archive.ubuntu.com'

to be honest, I'm not able to install any of additional players due to that error... Not sure if its really temporary, or links are broken for good

thanks in advance
-m

Is your SnakeoilOS machine connected to the Internet? For software installation in most cases you need to be connected to the Internet, but once installed you can keep SnakeoilOS to LAN only.

Also, can you click on this sk.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu from your computer and see if it works? You should see something like this:

[Image: Ubuntu_Index.png]
hi, thanks for fast reply

yes, computer was connected to internet, and yes, i can access sk.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu
(05-Dec-2017, 07:57 AM)micindev Wrote: [ -> ]hi, thanks for fast reply

yes, computer was connected to internet, and yes, i can access sk.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu

In that case it should work. You're still using DHCP on your Snakeoil machine? If using static double check your DNS and default routes.

All else false reboot the computer and see if the Snakeoil computer can resolve the names then.
yeah, you are right, my dns was broken when i assignet static ip, now it works like charm! thanks, this was really stupid