Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: i219-lm network card does't work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I tried to use small dell optiplex micro which have i219-lm network card
that card is supported by the e1000e module but i fond issue: 
[ 1.216090] e1000e 0000:00:1f.6: The NVM Checksum Is Not Valid
which need correct sources & rebuild kernel

Edit nvm.c, function e1000e_validate_nvm_checksum_generic (line 563) to:s32 e1000e_validate_nvm_checksum_generic(struct e1000_hw *hw)
{
[font] /*

s32 ret_val;
u16 checksum = 0;
u16 i, nvm_data;

for (i = 0; i < (NVM_CHECKSUM_REG + 1); i++) {
ret_val = e1000_read_nvm(hw, i, 1, &nvm_data);
if (ret_val) {
e_dbg("NVM Read Error\n");
return ret_val;
}
checksum += nvm_data;
}

if (checksum != (u16)NVM_SUM) {
e_dbg("NVM Checksum Invalid\n");
return -E1000_ERR_NVM;
}
[font] */[/font]
[/font]
It'd be interesting to see if this will bring any audio improvements to all E1000e NICs in general too as this is can be seen as an improvement tweak) :think: . But I think this is NVM (Non Volatile Memory) is only accessed once on bootup so perhaps it's not going ito be a SQ improvement.

What DAC are you using? Let me know that I'd do design a custom kernel for this (Hopefully later this evening AWST time).
i use diy DAC with Amanero USB
but i work with HW and i have possibility to try different platform so Intel HD embedded is also interesting for me 

i'm nor sure NVM is the root of problem, i fond in google same problem and solution.
True is that i219-lm do not work with different linux distribution & Snakeoil-OS too.
Try the kernel in this thread: link

Download the i219 kernel listed in the thread. Let me know how it goes.
No.
still don't work
Uncaimed
no eth0 device
i replaced vmlinux file on installation flash and checked kernel uname -a 
this may help:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/e1000/f...e/3.4.0.2/
Wow. How new is this i219 card? I'd see if I can get this working, and will let you know in a couple of days when I have a working kernel.
it is embedded cart in dell optiplex 7050 micro (2017)
Thank you
Got caught up with some other stuffs past 2 days so didn't have time to try to compile the new e1000e. Hopefully will do so tonight. Will let you know when i have something. apologies for the delay.
Nup. this new e1000e can't be compiled with the current kernel we're using..

I'm going to try a newer RT kernel and see how it goes.. will let you know when I have one ready (probably take a couple of days).
Thank you.
New HW is always a problem :(
I hope newer RT kernel will add sound quality.
Pages: 1 2