Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: Native DSD: linux-4.4.9-rt17
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(31-May-2019, 05:18 PM)ravenman Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for quick reply,  some experiments proved working DSD in native mode, the tricks was dsd kernel + MPD 0.21.8 (latest) and native menu option. Now everything seems work fine. Only my beloved easy sounding LMS + SquezeeLite not wok with native mode, only DOP, probably later version fix this ?. I have free edition of SnakeOil, but planned donation ,because it sound damn good or best among everything else. Good work. Legacy players aka XMMS shows cannot start server, probably unsupported dac ? (I know is absolete, but is there option that not work in my conf)
One of the Squeezelite player (R2 if not wrong) supports native DSD. I just can't remember which one, try all the players till you get one working?

Unfortunately my DAC isn't native DSD so I can't really test this. Thanks
Kernel - ERROR. Does not support EFI load
Steam
(06-Nov-2021, 06:48 PM)sky418 Wrote: [ -> ]Kernel - ERROR. Does not support EFI load
Steam
On Snakeoil 1.2.x? Don't swap custom kernels for now. See this wiki article to recover to the previous kernel.

Wait for the custom kernel GUI in 1.2.3. Thanks
(06-Nov-2021, 08:57 PM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-Nov-2021, 06:48 PM)sky418 Wrote: [ -> ]Kernel - ERROR. Does not support EFI load
Steam
On Snakeoil 1.2.x? Don't swap custom kernels for now. See this wiki article to recover to the previous kernel.

Wait for the custom kernel GUI in 1.2.3. Thanks

I have been using my own custom kernel with 1.2.1.  It did take a while to learn, with quite a few failed kernels!   So, swap custom kernels with care...
I assume this doesn't work with 1.2.10?

Is there a way for me to get native DSD now?  Just wait ?  I should clarify that I have native DSD with MPD , just haven't been able to 
get it with squeezelite.
Pages: 1 2 3