Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: Downsampling from 192khz to 96khz on the fly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi! This is probably an odd question, I have a few 24/192 albums, but my DAC is only capable of 24/96. Is there any possibility to set snakeoil to downsample everything over 24/96 on the fly? My mobo is Intel 2700dc - not sure if there is enough horsepower.
Thanks in advance.
With Squeezelite you can put something like the following in the options field:
Code:
-r 44100-96000
Higher res will be downsampled to 96 kHz. While your lower res music will stay at 44.1/88.2 kHz. Bit depth will remain the same from source.
ah, that was easy! thank you! I do have a lot buffering issues, but looks like my old NAS is bottleneck now.
(28-Jun-2018, 11:08 PM)micindev Wrote: [ -> ]ah, that was easy! thank you! I do have a lot buffering issues, but looks like my old NAS is bottleneck now.
High RES music (192 kHz and DSD) should handle well on the Internet. The problem is likely something else (e.g. bad network cable, faulty/unreliable hardware). You can try and increase the buffers in Squeezelite by adding the following to your extra options config:

Code:
  -b <stream>:<output>  Specify internal Stream and Output buffer sizes in Kbytes

Something like -b 2048:128

should be more than enough. See how that goes.