Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: Snakeoil Supports Heos !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've discovered that you can use your Snakeoil server with Heos.  So if you want to hear your favourite music anywhere in the house on a Heos enabled device, just go to  "servers" in the Heos app and you will see it listed.  

Too easy!
(26-Jul-2018, 01:15 PM)TP1 Wrote: [ -> ]I've discovered that you can use your Snakeoil server with Heos.  So if you want to hear your favourite music anywhere in the house on a Heos enabled device, just go to  "servers" in the Heos app and you will see it listed.  

Too easy!

Hopefully I can give this a spin myself later today also. Using network instead of USB cable for DSD seems like a cool idea.
@TP1   
Ohhh...:-) :-)  I have a good buddy with a Heos that I would like to upgrade with a Snakeoil box !  He lives a long trip away so it would be good to know some more before I setup and take a player to him.
Can you expand (tiny steps as he is not too computer literate) and any screenshots you have...?

Thanks a bunch !
Once the Heos app is opened you are presented with a number of choices. Select "Music Servers"

[Image: IMG_0241.jpg]

The Snakeoil Server is visible as "Logitech Media Server"  in the list of Music Servers.  

[Image: IMG_0242.png]

Selecting the server brings up this screen.  From here I found it best to select "Browse" first - its much faster and cleaner. 

[Image: IMG_0243.png]
[Image: IMG_0244.png]

Then just select the music. Selecting any track and playing it will turn on the Heos appliance if it is not already on.

[Image: IMG_0245_2.png]
I'd try and set this up myself too, be interesting to see if 5.1 DSFs will actually work (Pretty sure sacd_extract can extract multi-channel files also).... Interested to see how this will pan out..

DSD streaming via network instead of via USB. Way of the future perhaps?
Thanks for this.... I will cut and paste for my friend with the Heos and include a copy with the Snakeoil box I will set up for him.