Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: Bug in networking tab of the snake-oil webinterface
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've decided to start fresh from scratch with the new snakeoil 1.1.0 on two different computers.
Since I use static IP adresses for my audio machines decided to do so also this time. I can switch from dhcp to static, enter the address, subnet, dns etc. Reboot the machine. It has the right IP address but the snakeoil webinterface still shows dhcp for networking. ifconfig also shows the correct output and a IP-6 address also which is nowhere in the webinterface. Tested this on two totally different machines, same result. Minor bug?

And also, since I've got one board with 2 nic's deciced to disable the not used one via the snakeoil webinterface, rebooted, error. Time-out for 5 minutes waiting for the disabled port to come up... Decided to disable the second nic in the bios and reinstall instead of figuring this one out via the networking config file's.

Edwin.
(15-Aug-2018, 03:31 AM)EdwinM Wrote: [ -> ]I've decided to start fresh from scratch with the new snakeoil 1.1.0 on two different computers.
Since I use static IP adresses for my audio machines decided to do so also this time. I can switch from dhcp to static, enter the address, subnet, dns etc. Reboot the machine. It has the right IP address but the snakeoil webinterface still shows dhcp for networking. ifconfig also shows the correct output and a IP-6 address also which is nowhere in the webinterface. Tested this on two totally different machines, same result. Minor bug?
Thanks Edwin, will look into this. Yes, there is no IPv6 user interface as yet as I do not have IPv6 setup at home. And the reason for that is kindda weird (IPv6 is not supported by my Internet Service Provider).

As for the incorrect DHCP/static option, i'd see what is wrong and fix it in Blind Testing U1.

(15-Aug-2018, 03:31 AM)EdwinM Wrote: [ -> ]And also, since I've got one board with 2 nic's deciced to disable the not used one via the snakeoil webinterface, rebooted, error. Time-out for 5 minutes waiting for the disabled port to come up... Decided to disable the second nic in the bios and reinstall instead of figuring this one out via the networking config file's.

Edwin.
I'd look into this too. thanks for the report.
Apologies for taking so long. Have identifed the issue (missed a space!).

This will be fixed in Blind Testing Update 1. Just have to finish up the Raspberry Pi stuffs first before releasing this update. Again my thanks for reporting the bug.:).