Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: Cover files : folder.jpg or cover.jpg
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Daphile when ripping a CD creates a cover.jpg

Could you please handle it ? Make it configurable ?

Thanks !
Will add this feature in the next release.

Until then, you can SSH to your computer and execute the following command line to copy all your cover art from cover.jpg to folder.jpg.

Code:
sudo find . -iname cover.jpg -exec bash -c 'cp "$1" "${1::-9}folder.jpg"' _ {} \;

The cp command will make a copy of the file cover.jpg as folder.jpg for every folder.

You can use mv for rename but for now cp is the safer option.
Thanks for that Tj...   I was wondering how to get all my files with cover.jpg to folder.jpg. 
I've done a few manually  to get them to show in MyMPD but this will speed it up wonderfully !

and it will preserve operability for moving the drive amongst other O/S and players.
(21-Aug-2018, 01:55 PM)Bromf Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for that Tj...   I was wondering how to get all my files with cover.jpg to folder.jpg. 
I've done a few manually  to get them to show in MyMPD but this will speed it up wonderfully !

and it will preserve operability for moving the drive amongst other O/S and players.
Configuring the players right now is still a bit dodgy with Snakeoil OS.

Going to improve on this in a future release that will make all Snakeoil a lot easier than it is now. This script will hopefully tide things till then..