Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: Endless Ubuntu Installation?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Think Hi Everyone! 

When i try to install Blind Test to my T520 Thin Client,
Everything goes fine but after the installation system try to install Ubuntu again and again.
There is no Snakeoil IP page just Ubuntu installation loop.

What should i do?
(20-Sep-2018, 02:26 PM)merterbalci Wrote: [ -> ]Think Hi Everyone! 

When i try to install Blind Test to my T520 Thin Client,
Everything goes fine but after the installation system try to install Ubuntu again and again.
There is no Snakeoil IP page just Ubuntu installation loop.

What should i do?
Hi Merter.

Once installation is complete, remember to remove the install media (CD/DVD or USB stick), and make sure to check the BIOS/EFI that the medium you installed Snakeoil on is one of the first devices to boot up from.

Once you've done the above two checks your installed Snakeoil OS will boot up.

Let me know how this goes.
Hey Kith thank you, i'm in now!
But there is another problem; Paypal has banned in Turkey i cannot donate for your effort.
Is there another payment method?
Because i need more than one mount point.
(21-Sep-2018, 12:15 AM)merterbalci Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Kith thank you, i'm in now!
But there is another problem; Paypal has banned in Turkey i cannot donate for your effort.
Is there another payment method?
Yes there is. It's called Patreon. You can click the orange button on the right. $1 USD a month and you can cancel anytime.

The donations is used to fund the operating costs of running this site and more (e.g. stuffs like the RPi3 B+). Right now there should be sufficient funds to cover the short term operating costs so donations isn't necessary at this stage.

(21-Sep-2018, 12:15 AM)merterbalci Wrote: [ -> ]Because i need more than one mount point.
You don't need the activation key to do more than one mount point. The OS is not locked down and you have free reign to do what you want with it. e.g. to add more than one mount point you need to modify a file called /etc/fstab. You can look up the Internet on how to do this.

Sure it's not as easy to do when compared to the WebApp, but the upside is it's a lot more fun. Smile