Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: Native DSD support for new DAC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(03-Oct-2018, 09:50 AM)Mivera Wrote: [ -> ]Yes it's an Xmos chip. There must be something wrong with the code programming. It works fine up to DoP 128 on Windows and OSX. But not working with DoP or native on any Linux distro. Xmos has an issue with their latest Xcore-200 firmware that screwed up native DSD. The fix was to roll back to the previous version and change some lines of code. My engineer must have made some mistakes. I'll let you know when he has it sorted out. 
Cool, let me know how it goes. Thumbs Up
(03-Oct-2018, 10:03 AM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]Cool, let me know how it goes. Thumbs Up
No problem thanks for all of your help! I will be recommending Snakeoil to all of my clients!
(03-Oct-2018, 10:42 AM)Mivera Wrote: [ -> ]No problem thanks for all of your help! I will be recommending Snakeoil to all of my clients!
Thanks Smile Really need you and others to help spread the word. The more folks who can appreciate and enjoy music, despite the negative bias of a simple word (Snakeoil), the better the world will be (one can only hope).
(03-Oct-2018, 11:00 AM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-Oct-2018, 10:42 AM)Mivera Wrote: [ -> ]No problem thanks for all of your help! I will be recommending Snakeoil to all of my clients!
Thanks Smile Really need you and others to help spread the word. The more folks who can appreciate and enjoy music, despite the negative bias of a simple word (Snakeoil), the better the world will be (one can only hope). 

Many people will know about Snakeoil after I release my DAC. I have tried many Linux based distro's, and Snakeoil is by far the cleanest and easiest to use. I'm also working on an amazing linux based DSP engine for upsampling with some partners in Switzerland. When it's ready you can add to Snakeoil if you want. It will have a browser based GUI for changing filters and modulators. Plus a killer 64 bit floating point "DSD wide" volume control like Hqplayer. Audio from any media player can be ported though it. It will pop up as an audio device just like a DAC in your media player of choice. Then you point the DSP engine to the DAC.
(03-Oct-2018, 01:33 PM)Mivera Wrote: [ -> ]Many people will know about Snakeoil after I release my DAC. I have tried many Linux based distro's, and Snakeoil is by far the cleanest and easiest to use. I'm also working on an amazing linux based DSP engine for upsampling with some partners in Switzerland. When it's ready you can add to Snakeoil if you want. It will have a browser based GUI for changing filters and modulators. Plus a killer 64 bit floating point "DSD wide" volume control like Hqplayer. Audio from any media player can be ported though it. It will pop up as an audio device just like a DAC in your media player of choice. Then you point the DSP engine to the DAC. 
Nice. A lot of folks are interested in DSP. Can it also do active crossover? That'd be fun to do.
(03-Oct-2018, 02:15 PM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-Oct-2018, 01:33 PM)Mivera Wrote: [ -> ]Many people will know about Snakeoil after I release my DAC. I have tried many Linux based distro's, and Snakeoil is by far the cleanest and easiest to use. I'm also working on an amazing linux based DSP engine for upsampling with some partners in Switzerland. When it's ready you can add to Snakeoil if you want. It will have a browser based GUI for changing filters and modulators. Plus a killer 64 bit floating point "DSD wide" volume control like Hqplayer. Audio from any media player can be ported though it. It will pop up as an audio device just like a DAC in your media player of choice. Then you point the DSP engine to the DAC. 
Nice. A lot of folks are interested in DSP. Can it also do active crossover? That'd be fun to do. 

The version for my upcoming Puremusic audio system will be able to do active crossovers. However the USB Purestream DAC version will just have a PEQ for room correction, as it's only a 2 channel DAC. The Puremusic will have a Ravenna audio over IP interface that can be clock synced to multiple units for unlimited channels synced within a couple nano seconds. This will be perfect for active speakers as well as ultra high end home theatre. And will be DSD 256 capable without converting to PCM to apply the DSP. All of my DAC's are designed to run at 1 bit 11.289Mhz DSD. So software based SRC/SDM must be used to support all audio sample rates.
Pages: 1 2