Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: Latest version of HQPlayer no longer working directly in Snakeoil OS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Tried that and same issue:

[Image: Screen-Shot-2018-12-01-at-3-04-58-PM.png]

Is it a major operation to just update the kernel to 18.04 LTS? At least it will be supported for 2 more years than 16.04 LTS. and it's already almost a year old so I'm sure the bugs have been ironed out.
(02-Dec-2018, 07:07 AM)Mivera Wrote: [ -> ]Tried that and same issue:

Is it a major operation to just update the kernel to 18.04 LTS? At least it will be supported for 2 more years than 16.04 LTS. and it's already almost a year old so I'm sure the bugs have been ironed out. 

Kernel is not the issue, it's the packages. 18.04 LTS uses all new packages for almost everything, especially for QT (A C++ GUI toolkit used by HQPlayer). You can do a "sudo do-release-upgrade" and update your Ubuntu to the latest 18.04 LTS, however, make sure you keep all the existing files when prompted (don't use the new one).

As for the problem you're seeing, is your ISP using a HTTP proxy for your Internet traffic?

That message is telling me the downloaded file is incomplete. This could be network issues, or you have run out of space on  your drive. You should be able to check the amount of free space you have by looking in Music Library.

Looking at this output, you already should have all the necessary 18.04 packages to run this version of HQPlayer. So another thing you can try is download the DEB file directly from Signalyst, then drop it in the Install box in the System menu.
(02-Dec-2018, 08:36 AM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-Dec-2018, 07:07 AM)Mivera Wrote: [ -> ]Tried that and same issue:

Kernel is not the issue, it's the packages. 18.04 LTS uses all new packages for almost everything, especially for QT (A C++ GUI toolkit used by HQPlayer). You can do a "sudo do-release-upgrade" and update your Ubuntu to the latest 18.04 LTS, however, make sure you keep all the existing files when prompted (don't use the new one).

As for the problem you're seeing, is your ISP using a HTTP proxy for your Internet traffic?

That message is telling me the downloaded file is incomplete. This could be network issues, or you have run out of space on  your drive. You should be able to check the amount of free space you have by looking in Music Library.

Looking at this output, you already should have all the necessary 18.04 packages to run this version of HQPlayer. So another thing you can try is download the DEB file directly from Signalyst, then drop it in the Install box in the System menu. 

Not sure what my ISP does, but there was no issue when Snakeoil downloaded 3.24 on the same internet connection.

I tried installing the deb file by dropping in. the install box. It failed as well. I have an 8.8gb partition. Maybe I'll make it bigger and see what happens.
Another update from HQPlayer, and the install script breaks again.. :P Please bear with me while I experiment and try to see what is wrong.
Pages: 1 2