Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: Mounting another partition with music library inside, in the same HD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear Snakeoil,

I don't know why I only can store about 3G of files thru Win Explorer, then it's full.  (as told in https://www.snakeoil-os.net/Manual/clients/ )
Would you please help me to solve it?  Thanks a lot!  Shy

Best,
Billy

[Image: image.jpg]Dear Snakeoil,

During installation, I've tried: 1) leave that partition unmounted to any point, 2) mounted this partition to a "folder".
(24-Jan-2019, 04:03 PM)hkphantomgtr Wrote: [ -> ]Dear Snakeoil,

I don't know why I only can store about 3G of files thru Win Explorer, then it's full.  (as told in https://www.snakeoil-os.net/Manual/clients/ )

Best,
Billy

During installation, I've tried: 1) leave that partition unmounted to any point, 2) mounted this partition to a "folder".

You have to copy the files under SSD. Having said that, because of the way Windows work, you might not get away with the ~3G limit. Probably the best thing to do is to modify your mount path to mount /dev/sda3 straight to /media/music instead. That way you get to use the full 913G space.
(24-Jan-2019, 08:16 PM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
(24-Jan-2019, 04:03 PM)hkphantomgtr Wrote: [ -> ]Dear Snakeoil,

Best,
Billy

You have to copy the files under SSD. Having said that, because of the way Windows work, you might not get away with the ~3G limit. Probably the best thing to do is to modify your mount path to mount /dev/sda3 straight to /media/music instead. That way you get to use the full 913G space. 

Thank you very much, it works, you're genius!!  [Image: good_job.gif]
As it's pretty slow to copy thru windows, finally I've just mounted NAS and copied the files from NAS into the SSD directly.  But then I can't delete files thru windows explorer.   Would there be a better command than "chmod -R 777 /media/music"?  Thank you very much again.   Big Grin
(24-Jan-2019, 10:18 PM)hkphantomgtr Wrote: [ -> ]As it's pretty slow to copy thru windows, finally I've just mounted NAS and copied the files from NAS into the SSD directly.  But then I can't delete files thru windows explorer.   Would there be a better command than "chmod -R 777 /media/music"?  Thank you very much again.   Big Grin
Yes, I should be able to modify the samba configuration file so that you'd always have the ability to delete or modify files.

Failing that, I'd create a button called "Fix Permissions" that you can click to set everything up properly.

It's slated for the next release of Snakeoil - Which unfortunately is delayed. Until then, your command above will work, you can also run chown to change the ownership of the files.
(25-Jan-2019, 04:18 PM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
(24-Jan-2019, 10:18 PM)hkphantomgtr Wrote: [ -> ]As it's pretty slow to copy thru windows, finally I've just mounted NAS and copied the files from NAS into the SSD directly.  But then I can't delete files thru windows explorer.   Would there be a better command than "chmod -R 777 /media/music"?  Thank you very much again.   Big Grin
Yes, I should be able to modify the samba configuration file so that you'd always have the ability to delete or modify files.

Failing that, I'd create a button called "Fix Permissions" that you can click to set everything up properly.

It's slated for the next release of Snakeoil - Which unfortunately is delayed. Until then, your command above will work, you can also run chown to change the ownership of the files. 

Nice, Thank you very much, sir!  Shy