Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: Database update stuck
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, Agent Kith,

A friend after installed and mounted the NAS, the database started to update but it stuck after certain albums were recognised.
Would you please tell me how to solve it?  Or can I use "tail -f" on some files to track which files blocking the update?

Thanks for your help again.  Shy

Best,
HKPhantomGTR 

[Image: image.png]
(03-Mar-2019, 05:31 PM)hkphantomgtr Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, Agent Kith,

A friend after installed and mounted the NAS, the database started to update but it stuck after certain albums were recognised.
Would you please tell me how to solve it?  Or can I use "tail -f" on some files to track which files blocking the update?

Thanks for your help again.  Shy
Is this MPD? If yes, you may find some clues in /tmp/stdout or /tmp/stderr.

Not entirely sure if I enable MPD log files or not, but start from there first. How big is the music library? I have around 50,000 songs and it does take a while to update the database. I usually leave it running for half a day and then when I return to it, things start working again.

Maybe I should debug this and find out what the underlying problem is Think ...
Agent Kith,

Thanks!
It's MPD v21.  And he got a huge collection, yet he has let it to update the database for a day or 2 but just stuck at 11039th files.  He said there should be many more files inside that folders (he used to play Voyage MPD before).

And there is nothing to show in "tail -f /tmp/stdout" nor "tail -f /tmp/stderr", please help.  Or he has to return to Voyage MPD.  Please help, sir.  Or do u need the diagnostic file?