Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: Cron
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, Agent Kith, it's me again.

This time, may I ask for a cron in the webui, so the PC can turn off itself automatically at night?........
As I've edited cron.conf, yet the shutdown command needs root.  Obviously I won't putty.exe every night for this. 
Thank you very much for your concern again!  Smile
(18-Mar-2019, 11:18 PM)hkphantomgtr Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, Agent Kith, it's me again.

This time, may I ask for a cron in the webui, so the PC can turn off itself automatically at night?........
As I've edited cron.conf, yet the shutdown command needs root.  Obviously I won't putty.exe every night for this. 
Cron is disabled by default because it's constantly running and using up PC resources.

You can enable it manually by SSH into the machine, and run:
Quote:systemctl enable cron
systemctl start cron

That should re-enable cron (and start it automatically on reboot). The second command just start cron so you don't have to reboot.
(19-Mar-2019, 07:48 AM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
(18-Mar-2019, 11:18 PM)hkphantomgtr Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, Agent Kith, it's me again.

Cron is disabled by default because it's constantly running and using up PC resources.

You can enable it manually by SSH into the machine, and run:
Quote:systemctl enable cron
systemctl start cron

That should re-enable cron (and start it automatically on reboot). The second command just start cron so you don't have to reboot. 

Ic. Thanks for your enlightening.  Then I'd rather leave it disabled.