Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: [split] Getting HiFace DAC to work in Snakeoil OS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Kith, Hiface is listed as supporting device, I connect the Hiface EVO (USB-SPDIF) Interface with Hiface EVO DAC, device show up in USB but not in ALSA audio equipment, do it require custom kernel? It is just an USB 2.0 Audio device showing up in many Linux disto, please kindly advise.

Thanks

William
(20-Mar-2019, 11:54 PM)vv329 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Kith, Hiface is listed as supporting device, I connect the Hiface EVO (USB-SPDIF) Interface with Hiface EVO DAC, device show up in USB but not in ALSA audio equipment, do it require custom kernel? It is just an USB 2.0 Audio device showing up in many Linux disto, please kindly advise.

Thanks

William

Hi William,

You'll need the M2Tech kernel from here. Drop that kernel into the install window, reboot and you will get the HiFace DAC showing up as a ALSA device.
(21-Mar-2019, 07:50 AM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-Mar-2019, 11:54 PM)vv329 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Kith, Hiface is listed as supporting device, I connect the Hiface EVO (USB-SPDIF) Interface with Hiface EVO DAC, device show up in USB but not in ALSA audio equipment, do it require custom kernel? It is just an USB 2.0 Audio device showing up in many Linux disto, please kindly advise.

Thanks

William

Hi William,

You'll need the M2Tech kernel from here. Drop that kernel into the install window, reboot and you will get the HiFace DAC showing up as a ALSA device. 

I  got 2 files from the compressed download file, this error message:

*** ERROR *** Uploaded file has an invalid extension

appear on upload either one in the install Windows

What next?
(21-Mar-2019, 09:30 PM)vv329 Wrote: [ -> ]I got 2 files from the compressed download file, this error message:

What next?
Works for me here:
[Image: wE3HsoX.png]

Here are some other tips, that should help you get over the line:
  1. Do not unzip the contents and drop the contents in. Drop only the downloaded file into the install window.
  2. Use a different browser (Firefox, Chrome, Opera)
  3. Make sure you are already on the latest version of Snakeoil
  4. The upload may have been aborted because there's no space left on your partition. Make sure there is enough space
  5. May be an upload bug. Keep uploading the kernel until it works.
(22-Mar-2019, 08:19 AM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-Mar-2019, 09:30 PM)vv329 Wrote: [ -> ]I got 2 files from the compressed download file, this error message:

What next?
Works for me here:
[Image: wE3HsoX.png]

Here are some other tips, that should help you get over the line:
  1. Do not unzip the contents and drop the contents in. Drop only the downloaded file into the install window.
  2. Use a different browser (Firefox, Chrome, Opera)
  3. Make sure you are already on the latest version of Snakeoil
  4. The upload may have been aborted because there's no space left on your partition. Make sure there is enough space
  5. May be an upload bug. Keep uploading the kernel until it works.

Hi Kith, after switch to Win10 with Chrome, the upgrade Kernel process work like a charm, everything is working includes mounting the NAS setup with Linksys Tomato router.

Thanks

William