Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: Software volume control MPD with ALSA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,
I use MPD server and want to enable software volume control in ALSA:
In MUSIC PLAYER > ALSA CONFIGURATION > OPTIONS, I input the option mixer_type <software>, as sugested in Snakeoil manuals, but system returns an error, asking for ".
I know mdp.conf file asks for mixer_type "software" syntax, but when I input this in OPTIONS field the mpd.conf doesn't show the "", show only mixer_type software.
What to write in OPTIONS to enable software volume control?
(27-Mar-2019, 12:57 AM)SandroN Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
In MUSIC PLAYER > ALSA CONFIGURATION > OPTIONS, I input the option mixer_type <software>, as sugested in Snakeoil manuals, but system returns an error, asking for ".
I know mdp.conf file asks for mixer_type "software" syntax, but when I input this in OPTIONS field the mpd.conf doesn't show the "", show only mixer_type software.

Been a while since I used that. What did yuu type in exactly? Are you saying the following doesn't work?

Code:
mixer_type "software"
Yes. That was the code I entered in OPTIONS.
But what is saved in Mpd.conf is mixer_type software, without the "".
Thanks for this nice free OS And for your attention.
It looks its a problem when converting text from web app input box to the .conf file.
The "" disapear.
I've tried to edit mpd.conf file, but when I restart the MPD server, it overwrites the file with wrong syntax.
This looks like a bug. Apologies for that, I'll see what the problem is and fix this in the next update.
Very thanks for new firmware with bug correction.
Tested and working!
(27-Mar-2019, 07:52 AM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-Mar-2019, 12:57 AM)SandroN Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Been a while since I used that. What did yuu type in exactly? Are you saying the following doesn't work?

Code:
mixer_type "software"
where do we enter this line. i can find it im mpd 0.23.5
(07-Oct-2023, 08:40 PM)vinaymoturi Wrote: [ -> ]where do we enter this line. i can find it im mpd 0.23.5
See wiki on MPD: https://www.snakeoil-os.net/wiki/Players/musicpd

Almost certain MPD 0.23.x should still have this option..

Yet to test this as I don't use software VC, or digital volume control, or gain. Everything is passed as is to my pre-processor, and then I use that volume control to attenuate. <- Be amazed how effective this can be, especially on CD level music.
Where can I find the configuration file of mpd 0.23.5
(09-Oct-2023, 12:31 PM)vinaymoturi Wrote: [ -> ]Where can I find the configuration file of mpd 0.23.5
Should be a sub folder of /var/www/players
Pages: 1 2