Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: MPD & uPnP & Qobuz login
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear Agent Kith,

In my understanding, after v20, MPD got built-in uPnP function and Qobuz login function in v21?  
Would you please teach me how to activate them?  Something like? 

Code:
database {
             plugin "upnp"
)

If that built-in uPnp function work, does it mean we don't need upmpdcli anymore?

And for Qobuz log in, could we just add follow lines into mpd.conf?  
Code:
input {
        plugin "qobuz"
        username "badass"
        password "SOistheBEST"
        format_id "27"
}

And how to test Qobuz login? 

Please advice and your help is much appreciated. Shy

Best,
hkphantomgtr
(28-Mar-2019, 12:07 PM)hkphantomgtr Wrote: [ -> ]Dear Agent Kith,
Code:
database {
             plugin "upnp"
)
If that built-in uPnp function work, does it mean we don't need upmpdcli anymore? 
In a way, yes. I got excited about that too. But then it's not doing what I thought it's doing. This plugin is still cool though, but it goes against the workflow of most audiophiles.

What this does is MPD will look for any UPNP server, and list the music from there into it's MPD database. So when you use a MPD client (Cantata, or yMPD, or MyMPD), you're actually looking at music from a UPNP server. Using this setup, you kind of restricted to what the MPD client can do.

Upmpdcli on the other hand, works differently. It is the middle man between your media server, and your MPD renderer. It picks music from the server, and queues it to the renderer.

For the most part, upmpdcli is probably what most will want.

(28-Mar-2019, 12:07 PM)hkphantomgtr Wrote: [ -> ]And for Qobuz log in, could we just add follow lines into mpd.conf?  
Code:
input {
        plugin "qobuz"
        username "badass"
        password "SOistheBEST"
        format_id "27"
}

Best,
hkphantomgtr  
I've never tried this myself. Assuming your token is correct, try to queue a track from Qobuz. From their docs, this might work:
Code:
qobuz://track/23601296
(28-Mar-2019, 02:59 PM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
(28-Mar-2019, 12:07 PM)hkphantomgtr Wrote: [ -> ]Dear Agent Kith,
Code:
database {
             plugin "upnp"
)
In a way, yes. I got excited about that too. But then it's not doing what I thought it's doing. This plugin is still cool though, but it goes against the workflow of most audiophiles.

What this does is MPD will look for any UPNP server, and list the music from there into it's MPD database. So when you use a MPD client (Cantata, or yMPD, or MyMPD), you're actually looking at music from a UPNP server. Using this setup, you kind of restricted to what the MPD client can do.

Upmpdcli on the other hand, works differently. It is the middle man between your media server, and your MPD renderer. It picks music from the server, and queues it to the renderer.

For the most part, upmpdcli is probably what most will want.

(28-Mar-2019, 12:07 PM)hkphantomgtr Wrote: [ -> ]And for Qobuz log in, could we just add follow lines into mpd.conf?  
Code:
input {
        plugin "qobuz"
        username "badass"
        password "SOistheBEST"
        format_id "27"
}

Best,
hkphantomgtr   
I've never tried this myself. Assuming your token is correct, try to queue a track from Qobuz. From their docs, this might work:
Code:
qobuz://track/23601296

Hi, Agent Kity,

I'm sorry that I got no luck to play with "qobuz://track/23601296".   Or did I type in a wrong place?  Pls. check the attached pic.
[Image: image.jpg]

Even "mpc add qobuz://track/23601296" also doesn't work.   It returns:
[Image: 2.jpg]

And for the upmpdcli, it also said it can log in qobuz, I've input the value in "upmpdcli.conf" in both players and scratch folder, still got no luck.

Would you please help?  Thanks a lot again!

Best,
hkphantomgtr