Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: Problem mounting Synology NAS shared drive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I spent my whole night trying to install Snake oil and finally able to have it running on my Intel NUC. However, I have no luck on mounting a NAS shared drive to Music Library. I always get an error on mount cifs . Please see the screen cap. Can someone here shed some light? 
[Image: Screenshot-20190623-084346.png]
(23-Jun-2019, 08:57 AM)wai2289 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
I spent my whole night trying to install Snake oil and finally able to have it running on my Intel NUC. However, I have no luck on mounting a NAS shared drive to Music Library. I always get an error on mount cifs . Please see the screen cap. Can someone here shed some light?
I suspect your NAS don't support the super insecure SMBv1. Go to this thread, and download the "File Systems" kernel.

Reboot the NUC and let me know if it works now.
(23-Jun-2019, 09:25 AM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
I suspect your NAS don't support the super insecure SMBv1. Go to this thread, and download the "File Systems" kernel.

Reboot the NUC and let me know if it works now.
Just tried, but this time the network doesnt work so cant access web control..network also have problem last night until i downloaded one kernel for intel NUC network.
(23-Jun-2019, 09:33 AM)wai2289 Wrote: [ -> ]Just tried, but this time the network doesnt work so cant access web control..network also have problem last night until i downloaded one kernel for intel NUC network.
Without a proper system to maintain the kernels, it's rather hard for me to do this smoothly.. Sad

Do you remember which kernel you used for your Intel NUC? I'll rebuild a new kernel for your setup.
(23-Jun-2019, 01:04 PM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
(23-Jun-2019, 09:33 AM)wai2289 Wrote: [ -> ]Just tried, but this time the network doesnt work so cant access web control..network also have problem last night until i downloaded one kernel for intel NUC network.
Without a proper system to maintain the kernels, it's rather hard for me to do this smoothly.. Sad

Do you remember which kernel you used for your Intel NUC? I'll rebuild a new kernel for your setup.
Thanks Agent Kith!
[Image: Screenshot-20190623-144739-Chrome.jpg]

(23-Jun-2019, 01:04 PM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]

Agent Kith, i used 4.19.37 Kernel . thanks
(23-Jun-2019, 02:50 PM)wai2289 Wrote: [ -> ]Agent Kith, i used 4.19.37 Kernel . thanks
Oh that... That'll take a little more time.. Hopefully I'll have something ready for you tomorrow.

FYI, that's my setting, hope a little help to you.  Good Luck!
[Image: Whats-App-Image-2019-06-08-at-21-23-22.jpg]
(23-Jun-2019, 10:25 PM)hkphantomgtr Wrote: [ -> ]

FYI, that's my setting, hope a little help to you.  Good Luck!
[Image: Whats-App-Image-2019-06-08-at-21-23-22.jpg]

Thanks. I tried NFS. Unforturnately I got server denial on access this time. maybe some settings on my synology that need to be fixed.
(24-Jun-2019, 01:28 PM)wai2289 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. I tried NFS. Unforturnately I got server denial on access this time. maybe some settings on my synology that need to be fixed.
You need to setup NFS permissions on your NAS, see here.

I think I got the flu so it's unlikely I'll be able to get the kernel ready tonight. Use the NFS for now and I'll get the new kernel ready for you when I'm better.

Be a good time to test if there is a SQ difference between CIFS and NFS.

In my setup, I prefer CIFS, but technically NFS is the superior file sharing protocol.
(24-Jun-2019, 02:16 PM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
(24-Jun-2019, 01:28 PM)wai2289 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. I tried NFS. Unforturnately I got server denial on access this time. maybe some settings on my synology that need to be fixed.
You need to setup NFS permissions on your NAS, see here.

I think I got the flu so it's unlikely I'll be able to get the kernel ready tonight. Use the NFS for now and I'll get the new kernel ready for you when I'm better.

Be a good time to test if there is a SQ difference between CIFS and NFS.

In my setup, I prefer CIFS, but technically NFS is the superior file sharing protocol.
Thanks Agent Kith. I was able to set up NFS and  MPD/SO is running flawlessly...