Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: Raspberry Pi 4 looks interesting.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
(05-Feb-2020, 03:38 PM)Bromf Wrote: [ -> ]Hi TK, using Pi4 and latest beta... no USB devices (playbac dac ) detected...
Snakeoil tab hangs on "Please wait... Detecting programmable USB ports." and won't complete so no USB output device found..
Hmm. Hopefully I can find time to check. You have rebooted the OS at least once, yeah? <- I have no idea why I had to do this, but the Pi seems flaky on file system resize and things don't work until I do a reboot.

But the new change I made yesterday may have broke something. I'll have to re-flash that and test again. Not sure I have the time tonight to do this, but will try to sort this out soon.
Yes, rebooted several times
Quote: ALSA Output Devices No audio devices detected
   Programmable USB PortsPlease wait... Detecting programmable USB ports.

when trying to run alsamixer...
ALSA lib conf.c:3916Sadsnd_config_update_r) Cannot access file /usr/local/share/alsa/alsa.conf
ALSA lib control.c:1373Sadsnd_ctl_open_noupdate) Invalid CTL default
cannot open mixer: No such file or directory
(05-Feb-2020, 04:51 PM)Bromf Wrote: [ -> ]when trying to run alsamixer...
ALSA lib conf.c:3916Sadsnd_config_update_r) Cannot access file /usr/local/share/alsa/alsa.conf
ALSA lib control.c:1373Sadsnd_ctl_open_noupdate) Invalid CTL default
cannot open mixer: No such file or directory
Heh, pretty sure I missed those files.. D'oh.. I'll run through some tests tonight/tomorrow and get back to you guys on this.
IMG file updated. Please go back to the post again and test agian.

BTW, I have ordered another ArgonOne case (this time from core electronics)... Question is do I swap my original Pi4 into this new case, or buy a new Pi 4? Will find out later this week when I do my first proper listening test with the Pi 4. <- The kernel is pretty much unoptimised at this stage so I don't expect good results to be honest. But then again the PC solution wasn't great on the first go either and it took me around 8 months to find the right tweak.
(06-Feb-2020, 09:46 AM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
IMG file updated. Please go back to the post again and test agian.

downloading now.... it has the same file name....or is my link not updated ?  Will see once I write and boot Smile

Same result ALSA Output Devices No audio devices detected so perhaps the link in my original pm is not updated ?
(06-Feb-2020, 02:42 PM)Bromf Wrote: [ -> ]downloading now.... it has the same file name....or is my link not updated ?  Will see once I write and boot Smile

Same result ALSA Output Devices No audio devices detected so perhaps the link in my original pm is not updated ?
I'd send you the link later tonight when I'm home.
(06-Feb-2020, 06:27 PM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-Feb-2020, 02:42 PM)Bromf Wrote: [ -> ]downloading now.... it has the same file name....or is my link not updated ?  Will see once I write and boot Smile

Thanks ! I will look forward to testing Smile
(07-Feb-2020, 03:26 AM)Bromf Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-Feb-2020, 06:27 PM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks ! I will look forward to testing Smile

Yes!   all working now with latest .zip

I see that the MyMpd version is still Version: 3.3.1  
There has been a Huge leap forward in MyMpd and the current version is so much better !
https://github.com/jcorporation/mympd

Will the release of Pi4 include this ?
(any way to update it from an existing install.. Big Grin )

Thanks and have a "Bonza Weekend" as you say over the ditch.... Smile
(07-Feb-2020, 01:27 PM)Bromf Wrote: [ -> ]Will the release of Pi4 include this ?
Same version mainly to keep parity with the original 1.1.0 release. The updated client will be available as a separate module soonish (once I can find some time on a PC).

Do you happen to have a Pi3 lying around? I can't find mine.. Big Grin This image should work on the Pi 3 as well but I havn't checked (coz I can't find mine LOL).
(07-Feb-2020, 01:59 PM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-Feb-2020, 01:27 PM)Bromf Wrote: [ -> ]Will the release of Pi4 include this ?
Same version mainly to keep parity with the original 1.1.0 release. The updated client will be available as a separate module soonish (once I can find some time on a PC).

Do you happen to have a Pi3 lying around? I can't find mine.. Big Grin This image should work on the Pi 3 as well but I havn't checked (coz I can't find mine LOL).
Yes!....will try now and report Wink
No, won't boot a Pi3B+ Sad

Is there a link for a Pi3 image ?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12