Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: NAS in Airport Extreme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I use the airport extreme as NAS and I can not get it to work for Snakeoil.
it works by SSH, but when restarting it is lost again.
By SSH I enter sudo mount.cifs //192.168.1.33/musicas2015/media/music/ NAS -verbose -o user = luis, password = popular2056, rw, iocharset = utf8, sec = ntlm
and then he asks me again for the password to access Snakeoil, so I go to the Snakeoil program, I tell him to mount and he does it perfectly, but when he reboots he loses it.
What I can do????
And how to delete this dev/dev/sda1233G434M100%exfat/media/music/sdaThank you

[Image: 2019-07-20-12-48-40.jpg]
(20-Jul-2019, 06:38 PM)luiswu Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I use the airport extreme as NAS and I can not get it to work for Snakeoil.
By SSH I enter sudo mount.cifs //192.168.1.33/musicas2015/media/music/ NAS -verbose -o user = luis, password = popular2056, rw, iocharset = utf8, sec = ntlm
and then he asks me again for the password to access Snakeoil, so I go to the Snakeoil program, I tell him to mount and he does it perfectly, but when he reboots he loses it.
What I can do????
Because you mount the share via SSH, just run sudo umount /media/music/musicas2015 and it'll disappear.

What error message did you get when you try to mount this share from the WebApp?
(20-Jul-2019, 07:21 PM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-Jul-2019, 06:38 PM)luiswu Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I use the airport extreme as NAS and I can not get it to work for Snakeoil.
What I can do????
Because you mount the share via SSH, just run sudo umount /media/music/musicas2015 and it'll disappear.

What error message did you get when you try to mount this share from the WebApp?

mount error(13): Permission denied Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)
and
Error
mount error(16): Device or resource busy Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

what options do I have to put in Snakeoil?
and the dev that I want to remove is / dev / sda1
(21-Jul-2019, 01:24 AM)luiswu Wrote: [ -> ]mount error(13): Permission denied Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)
Generate a diagnostic file and send it over to me. I'm almost certain you're using the wrong mount commands. And also, double check NAS Airport extreme still works with SMBv1. You might need a diffrent kernel to gt this to work.

(21-Jul-2019, 01:24 AM)luiswu Wrote: [ -> ]what options do I have to put in Snakeoil?
Leave that empty for now. Once it works you can tweak the settings, like read/write buffers.

(21-Jul-2019, 01:24 AM)luiswu Wrote: [ -> ]and the dev that I want to remove is / dev / sda1
That is your OS drive (mount on /), it's shown there as reference only. This is required for boot up. Any folders under /media/ can be removed, but anything outside, just leave it be.
(21-Jul-2019, 11:33 AM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-Jul-2019, 01:24 AM)luiswu Wrote: [ -> ]mount error(13): Permission denied Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)
Generate a diagnostic file and send it over to me. I'm almost certain you're using the wrong mount commands. And also, double check NAS Airport extreme still works with SMBv1. You might need a diffrent kernel to gt this to work.
(21-Jul-2019, 01:24 AM)luiswu Wrote: [ -> ]what options do I have to put in Snakeoil?
Leave that empty for now. Once it works you can tweak the settings, like read/write buffers.
(21-Jul-2019, 01:24 AM)luiswu Wrote: [ -> ]and the dev that I want to remove is / dev / sda1
That is your OS drive (mount on /), it's shown there as reference only. This is required for boot up. Any folders under /media/ can be removed, but anything outside, just leave it be.

Hi, thank you so much for your fast answer.
I'm going to use the same password in Snakeoil and Airport Extreme ...
This is the diagnosis file. i send to email too
I use as boot a pendrive, a hard drive where I have the music / dev / sda1, that disk is the one that I would like to eliminate to use only the NAS.
when I get the sequence accepted by SSH:
  luis @ luis-System: ~ $ sudo mount.cifs //192.168.1.33/musicas2015/media/music/ NAS -verbose -o user = luis, password = popular2056, rw, iocharset = utf8, sec = ntlm
sudo: unable to resolve host luis-System
[sudo] password for luis:
luis @ luis-System: ~ $
It's when I give him to ride Snakeoil and he accepts me, the NAS appears.
As you will see, he asks me for the password again ...
(22-Jul-2019, 05:23 AM)luiswu Wrote: [ -> ][sudo] password for luis:
Linux is a weird beast. To use the sudo command requires you to enter your login credentials again. So the above is asking you to enter the SSH password.

This is different from the NAS password. This password is used by the NAS. This is normal.

And if you can mount the share normally from the SSH, you should be able to do the same in the Snakeoil GUI. Put in the login and the NAS password in the fields and click SAVE. It should work. Will try and find some time to look into the diagnostics file later tonight after work. May have more info then. Thumbs Up
hi, the last error:
Broadcast message from root@luis-System (Tue 2019-07-23 12:41:02 CEST):

Password entry required for 'Password for root@//192.168.1.33/musicas2015:' (PID 1538).
Please enter password with the systemd-tty-ask-password-agent tool!
(23-Jul-2019, 06:43 PM)luiswu Wrote: [ -> ]hi, the last error:
Broadcast message from root@luis-System (Tue 2019-07-23 12:41:02 CEST):

Password entry required for 'Password for root@//192.168.1.33/musicas2015:' (PID 1538).
Please enter password with the systemd-tty-ask-password-agent tool!
Not entirely sure what is generating that message.

Let's start from the beginning. Go to the Snakeoil reference, and look at the CIFS bits: https://www.snakeoil-os.net/Manual/confi...ic-library

Disable passwords on your NAS for now, and try to mount the share, leave the "Windows Account", "Password" and "Domain/Workgroup" as blank, and click the save button. What happens then? If there is an error, regenerate a diagnostic file and send it to me to have a look.
Hi, This is the complete sequence by SSH, once this is completed I can push "remount partitions" and it works ...

MacdeLuis:~ luis$ ssh [email protected]
[email protected]'s password: 
Welcome to Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.4.9-rt17-amd64-dsd-20190415 x86_64)

* Documentation:  https://help.ubuntu.com
 * Management:     https://landscape.canonical.com
 * Support:        https://ubuntu.com/advantage
New release '18.04.2 LTS' available.
Run 'do-release-upgrade' to upgrade to it.

Last login: Tue Jul 23 23:32:40 2019 from fe80::1ccb:756f:a1b0:52f6%eth0
luis@luis-System:~$ sudo mount.cifs //192.168.1.33/musicas2015 /media/music/NAS —verbose -o user=luis,password=popular2056,rw,iocharset=utf8,sec=ntlm
sudo: unable to resolve host luis-System
[sudo] password for luis: 
luis@luis-System:~$ 

Airport Extreme cannot be without a password ... Apple ...
I think that something I am doing wrong, but that we are close to solving it.
Thank you for your patience.
A question aside from this question, when can music files be played in .ISO?
Is necessary to upgrade Ubuntu to 18.04.2 ?
Thanks again.

[Image: 2019-07-24-11-39-09.jpg]

leave the "Windows Account", "Password" and "Domain/Workgroup" as blank, and click the save button. What happens then? 

[Image: 2019-07-24-12-02-07.jpg]
Pages: 1 2