Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: Remote control iPad First Generation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a first generation Ipad and when I go to Safary and enter the address of Snakeoil it does not open the page, and does not open myMPD.
Is there any solution to control at least the player?
(11-Aug-2019, 07:46 PM)luiswu Wrote: [ -> ]I have a first generation Ipad and when I go to Safary and enter the address of Snakeoil it does not open the page, and does not open myMPD.
Is there any solution to control at least the player?
It should work, what address URL did you enter? Did it find the correct address but fail to load the HTML5 pages, or? Can you show a screenshow or C&P the error here? Thanks.
These are the screens that come out, the program stays in that state and the MPD almost nothing works.
The Foobar remote works perfect.
Anyway, almost no program works on this Ipad

[Image: 2019-08-12-19-22-03.jpg]
[Image: 2019-08-12-19-31-21.jpg]
[Image: 2019-08-12-19-20-50.jpg]
[Image: 2019-08-12-19-19-31.jpg]
Have you updated to the latest Safari? Looks like you're running a very old version that don't support HTML5 somehow. I have a very old iPad, hopefully I can find that and load up the page and see how it goes.

In the meantime, go to the store and download Chrome or Firefox. See if that will work.
(13-Aug-2019, 07:54 AM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]Have you updated to the latest Safari? Looks like you're running a very old version that don't support HTML5 somehow. I have a very old iPad, hopefully I can find that and load up the page and see how it goes.

In the meantime, go to the store and download Chrome or Firefox. See if that will work.

Any remote player could use me, it has a large screen, I have a more modern iphone than if it works, but the screen is very small for me, the years do not forgive ...
(16-Aug-2019, 05:53 PM)luiswu Wrote: [ -> ]Any remote player could use me, it has a large screen, I have a more modern iphone than if it works, but the screen is very small for me, the years do not forgive ...
You can try and find a Logitech Media Server client from the Apple App store. It's called iPeng I believe, however, not sure if it's still supported on the first gen iPad. Try it and let me know how it goes.
The Ipad is in a maximum version of 5.1.1
There is this app that says it supports this version of Ipard.
Would it work with Logitech Media Server?

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/squeezepad/id380003002
(18-Aug-2019, 01:15 AM)luiswu Wrote: [ -> ]The Ipad is in a maximum version of 5.1.1
There is this app that says it supports this version of Ipard.
Would it work with Logitech Media Server?

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/squeezepad/id380003002
Yes, that will do, but I was told iPeng is far better. It's also far more expensive

As most iOS apps are paid apps I would suggest it's best for you to make up your own mind.

If I'm you, I will just grab a cheap android device off the Internet. Most apps are free on that platform, and the stock browsers should also work well with the apps that are included in Snakeoil.
Well, the problem could be solved.
Using Logitech Media server and as a Squeezelite client (v1.8), the first generation Ipad works more or less well.
My question is whether the sound quality is the same as with MPD?
As always agent_kith, thank you very much for your directions

[Image: 2019-08-18-18-42-24.jpg]
[Image: 2019-08-18-00-36-18.jpg]
(19-Aug-2019, 12:50 AM)luiswu Wrote: [ -> ]Well, the problem could be solved.
Using Logitech Media server and as a Squeezelite client (v1.8), the first generation Ipad works more or less well.
My question is whether the sound quality is the same as with MPD?
As always agent_kith, thank you very much for your directions
You can read the subjective differences between Squeezelite and MPD here.
Pages: 1 2